A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective

I have incorporated multiple hard drives into a server, but have noticed that the storage information (as displayed within the disk usage section of the dashboard) only displayes the system partition, it would be good to see the storage information of other partitions / mount points (excluding any optical drives mounts)

Also I have noticed that there is no way (apart from changing configuration files) of defining paths / directories for Apache (including virtual hosts), Samba or local based backups.

I went round it and used fdisk and installed the rest using webmin, and everything came online. I use NethServer as a dash in-line with webmin, this would need to be eventually coded into the dash which is something that needs to be addressed along with modules I have been working on and beta testing for installs. Right now, the consensus is looking at what does causes the distro to break and what does not, once thats figured out we can get everything into one distro that features each module on the dash rather then apart from the dash without the use of outside tools like webmin.

1 Like

@pparker, I have been playing with Webmin ACLs, have been thinking about which modules to keep and which to remove so that webmin is consistent with nethserver.

Of course, it should be obvious that anybody using webmin with nethserver must be extreamly careful, webmin can overwrite configuration files and do severe damage.

Yes, it is not for the faint of heart, I have yast knowledge the normal user may not, so it is up to us to make it as easy to understand as possible, command line is almost second nature for you and me, but others not so much.

All paths containing data are well-known and can’t be changed. All data are saved inside /var/lib/nethservet directory. (The only exception is Owncloud, but this will be fixed).
We could improve the system allowing the adminsitrator to mount extra RAID arrays (or even network locations) directly in /var/lib/nethserver.

2 Likes

@giacomo how do you get these brillant ideas? …who kwows… :stuck_out_tongue:

You’r right! Credits to @AbsyntH for the idea! :smiley:

1 Like