Working on nethserver-moodle module

What database are you talking now? The esmith or the moodle mysql database?

all is stored under the mysql database with moodle

Ok, clear. But if it is the mysql database, then entering a custom url shouldn’t be the hardest thing, or is it?

1 Like

some new of the front, thank to @areguera who find the bug I pushed with my commit :slight_smile:

The rpm is near to be ready to go out, now the big part is the authentication against Samba4/ldap

1 Like

Package update here:

nethserver-moodle-0.0.7-1.10.g39718c9.ns7.noarch.rpm

This package should do the following:

• Correct the stylesheet issue
  • Force ssl redirection

If you can confirm this package does the expected, a new tag will be created for the related changes.

5 Likes

That’s a HUGE achievement Alain :slight_smile:
You should push your rpm on our testing repo @davidep will be happy to help you :wink:

1 Like

Wow already a (working) rpm for moodle. This is a huge step forward to make NS a kickass education platform.

2 Likes

alain, the rpm is not in a public repository, google drive asks me to be allowed :slight_smile:

Sorry for that. It must be publicly available now.

Check my suggestion above :point_up:
Working on nethserver-moodle module

Thank you very much @alefattorini. It isn’t possible without the efforts of @stephdl, @robb and @syntaxerrormmm.

That’s very exiting!!! :smiley: … I’m planning to merge some pull requests in nethserver-moodle.git repository now and later contacting @davidep to work in this direction of pushing rpms to NethServer testing repository.

By making the rpm in google drive publicly available I just wanted @stephdl, and others, to be able of downloading what was already published. The NethServer testing repository has no competition for NethServer testing packages :slight_smile:

6 Likes

How is it going? Is the package in testing yet?

Hi @alefattorini,

I’ve been exchanging with @davidep about upload-rpms to packages.nethserver.org but sadly my connection is proxy-ed and I cannot access SSH service at packages.nethserver.org directly. The proxies in-between only support CONNECT to port 443. I guess I’ll continue using Google Drive to distribute the packages so for some kind-full soul to upload them for me. This, until I find a way to connect myself directly to packages.nethserver.org.

2 Likes

I can push nethserver-moodle for you to nethforge-testing if needed. With the closed issue on the virtualhost configuration, it is time to build a new rpm :slight_smile:

Next issues are the authentications to Nethserver’s users

3 Likes

Yes. Here they are:

5 Likes

would you mind to jump and try this rpm @all

you can test what is written there https://github.com/areguera/nethserver-moodle (apache alias/virtualhost, apache restriction access)

you should have a workable instance of moodle, just it is needed to create the first admin user.

Can I close this module so we can go ahead with the discussions here?

What closing a module means?

Sorry just a stupid mistake, I meant “thread” … can i close this thread?

Go for it :slight_smile: