What is your Linux distribution

Hi @filippo_carletti,
I finally settled for CopyQ: it probably has more feature than I’ll ever need but conversely has some goodies that the other alternatives lacks.
May be you could find it useful too!

It seems a bit overkill and the hotkeys don’t work for me.

Well yes, it’s like The Big Bertha of the clipboard managers :stuck_out_tongue:
Regarding the hotkeys they work fine here (once you’re inside the application, of course); to invoke the clipboard manager - I preload it when desktop loads - I use “copyq toggle” mapped to a shortcut.

Funny thing is that In the list I shared there’s a clipboard manager that uses dmenu and a hack to save clipboard’s contents in a text file; that would do perfectly to me if it wasn’t for one annoying bug… May be I can find some time to debug it.

Best.

I use Arch Linux and before that Ubuntu. Lots of windows and Mac too.

2 Likes

Hi Charlie,

you could do the inverse too
running linux as main OS and Windows into a VirtualBox
Actually, with xfreerdp you could launch one apps a time instead all the Virtual Windows

there a script exemple

xfreerdp
-T “Windows &”
-u “$USER”
-z
$IPofWindows

1 Like

Mint and Ubuntu are too commercial for me
I rather running Debian, even Sid than Mint and/or Ubuntu

Yeah! Manharo 15.09 XFCE. :grinning:
Centos is great. I started using it with Kaltura , years ago

However I support an academic hall with 18 iMac where I chose KXStudio as dual system.

I use Ubuntu at home. It was the OS on my personal laptop and my then 1.5 y/o son learned how to use it to play his game. :grinning: BTW, Ubuntu because of simplicity and the fact that it was widely marketed and GUI was okay (read that Mint was superior or was close to Windows GUI but I have learned to use Ubuntu since Gnome).

1 Like

Opensuse for years, now Ubuntu but with Cinnamon.

1 Like

Nethserver :clap:

2 Likes

i used Ubuntu to start learning myself linux and then tryed a lot distros… (drbian, Linux Mint, Fedora, CentOS and others) but i found Arch 2 years ago and i loved it… since then i’m using Arch on my machine with cinnamon desktop

1 Like

Another Arch fan? @jobezic have you read it? :smile:

1 Like

Currently, dedicated to locate Nethserver replacing Zentyal , I’m using Centos 7. Nothing really regret only my daily conversations with SELinux :smirk: lol

2 Likes

Right now I am using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS for my main desktop, Centos 7 of my Nagios Server, ubuntu server 14.04 on OCS NG and linux mint 17 Xfce on laptop :slight_smile:

Btw, did anyone tried to use chaletOS? If im not mistaken this distro is based on debian too. I install it to my friends laptop and she never notice the difference from Win7 :smiley:

1 Like

Nope, but it seems quite interesting…
Thanks for the tip @ironsky

This made me LOL. I’m running CentOS 7 at home on my hp microserver gen8. I know exactly what you mean.

Although I’m trying to change this, I’d say I’m still most fond of Ubuntu because it’s what I’m most familiar with. I still have a handful of Ubuntu Desktop VMs at the office for testing and I maintain about a dozen production Ubuntu Servers.

So is the life :joy: . In my daily work support KXStudio on iMac computers for audiovisual production. I try to be compassionate to Zentyal in schools :disappointed_relieved: … but in my heart i’m Manjaro .

It’s the second time I play with CentOS. First with Kaltura MAM (CentOS 5) and now Nethserver.

CentOS always coincides with an interesting project :trophy:

1 Like

this is for the win :smiley:

I started with Centos from day 1, moving from the original Whitehat? (so long ago, I forgot what it was called!). I moved my notebook from early Centos (perhaps 3?) to Fedora 6. Been on Fedora since then (now at 28). My Samba PDC is ClearOS6.

These days I am almost entirely armv7 for my servers. Centos-arm7 predominates. One Fedora-arm28.

I use Xfce as my DE when I can. I was introduced to Xfce with my first armv7 Fedora spin (on a Cubieboard2 with Fedora17). For my servers, I run vncserver and connect to Xfce that way when I need a GUI to manage the server (can’t do everything with SSH). A little Gnome, but I would like to eliminate it. I just don’t use it enough to be proficient with it.

2 Likes