What is the most awesome module/feature for NethServer, that does not yet exist?

I have webmin in place, as soon as i get this straight its trying for Bacula, I have spamassassin on but not configurated as of yet, it is 2:41am here and I been going for 8+ hours on this… I need some zzz’s and my ISP is coming in to fix the internet so expect me back on it around 6-7pm CST …I will try for Bacula then and report back, so far the only break has been in IPS snort…

I moved a post to a new topic: I love this distro

@nrauso is an expert about this tool :smiley:

2 Likes

Guys, what about two services not implemented as far as I know?

• DLNA/upnp server (I used a lot of those, now using MediaTomb)
  • torrent client, maybe connected with userauth module? (transmission would be fine I guess)

With these two features, I would change my good old ubuntu homeserver at once :wink:

I think OpenChange would be a good candidate, if it will be stable :wink:

1 Like

I moved 2 posts to a new topic: Is there any auto-configurator for Thunderbird/SOGo?

I looked at the possibility of running nagios4 open source, that comes to mind…it does look promising CheckMk i could not find the screenshots and i am interested to see what that looks like.

Look at the adagios how to :wink:

The IPS could not be recovered, I externally installed I installed Snort -2.9.7.2 in its place. and Pigsty and it seems to be almost stable. its still being worked on, at points the distro does show some breakage in the packages if you go too far to the point that you cannot reinstall the IPS. Using a backup I would loose all the work I have put in thus far, I chose to roll forward and move around it as it was costing too much time to recover the NethServer IPS package. I finally got the external drives in the PowerEdge 2850 to load using command line, and Webmin, working it into intergration it would come over time through coding and testing.

bacula is coming tonight, it looks very good and i will be looking for how it will sit in the distro and if it can run with NethServer in place. I am still eerked a little with distro breaking the IPS… but i will come back to that with a solution. I do know you can run Snort and Pigsty stable, which Pigsty is wayyy better then Barnyard2 something to be noted.

a good overview and schreenshot here

1 Like

That is wicked, it would be awesome next to Nagios since its an extension to it.

1 Like

I moved 2 posts to an existing topic: Installing Bacula on NethServer

Working out Nagios install finished the install, working out the quirks…will post when its running in full without complications… this is the core version which is open source… I need to sit down with the programmers soon and decide how to put this into the distro, So if you all want to que up and let me know who is on board for this it would much appreciated, as i am testing packages against the distro…

3 Likes

I moved 2 posts to a new topic: Install Nagios on NethServer

NethServer is already using them: RBL and Sender WBL, Recipient whitelist
http://docs.nethserver.org/projects/nethserver-devel/en/latest/email.html#rbl-server-list

I will get to that next, and see what i can do to make it clearer for you, and see if it can be done the way i am showing you, I will research it and it will become another project if i see its possible .

I moved 3 posts to a new topic: How manage Apache/Nginx virtual hosts?

I am testing what doesnt break the distro, it is up to them to hand me source to integrate it or have other developers integrate what i have found works so far, I am waiting and working hard to get this all correct so they can see whats possible, it is up to them to or me to tie them into working modules within the distro if they wish I cannot do more then what they give me, I have yet to work closely with a coder to make these changes or build another interface that would host these features. I have selected a bunch of installs and showed how they can work and keep NethServer Stable, the rest is up to them and how they want to model from that Im all ears in as far as thats concerned and will do my best to help with the transitions.

I moved 2 posts to a new topic: Can I install NethServer on CentOS?