What is the most awesome module/feature for NethServer, that does not yet exist?

I found this script to install Guacamole on CentOS 6/7:

Sourceforge page is here and was recently updated in Jan, 2017 but I’m not sure yet if it uses the latest Guacamole:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/guacamoleinstallscript/files/CentOS/

Tasks in this script are:

• Install Packages Dependencies
  • Download Guacamole and MySQL Connector packages
  • Install Guacamole Server
  • Install Guacamole Client
  • Install MySQL Connector
  • Configure MariaDB or MySQL
  • Configure FirewallD or iptables
  • Setting Tomcat Server
  • Generates a Java KeyStore for SSL Support.

How would running this script affect nethserver?
How would I be able to run this install AND add a link in the Applications of Nethserver?
@dev_team, does having this script make it easier for you to implement this to nethserver?

Thanks!

3 Likes

like with all script, the installation could be fine, but the removal is hard

from epel the version is 0.9.9 (about 14 month ago) -> http://negativo17.org/guacamole-on-fedora-and-centosrhel-6/

2 Likes

That’s a very good point to make @stephdl. We don’t want to just add something that can’t be easily removed from nethserver.

What advice could you provide me on your thoughts for using Guacamole in nethserver? Is this App unlike other apps nethserver has in Software Center in that it’s not something that should be added?

Thanks.

Offload some modules/apps to separate hardware. By example: mail server in a different physical/virtual machine but administrated via same nethserver web gui used to administrate the whole system

1 Like

I believe it exists with the nethserver enterprise edition, or it is in creation :-?

@greavette and @stephdl feel free to move forward this discussion Guacamole Package?

Does anyone ever track these feature request? It might be cool to have a list. Requester will have an idea if this has been requested and what happened, why not possible…and perhaps a link to the post if not too much to ask for. :slight_smile:

Zimbra - not possible due to LDAP or some thing
OCS Inventory - yes in 6.7 no in 7
FengOffice - …

Just something like this…a spreadsheet will do better.

2 Likes

Maybe you can add a page inside the wiki? @alefattorini what do you think?

1 Like

Good idea. IMHO making a list is not a big effort, maintaining it could be a bit more complicated.
I would scan this thread and the Feature category looking for requested features and actual status
I would certainly give it a go starting with a new post into Howto
@vhinzsanchez do you have some time to get right on that? Others may help along the way

@alefattorini, have been busy. Can’t commit to anything right now. My apologies.

1 Like

Hi… It would be awesome have the possibility to create an account with just some modules activated. For example, create an operator account with only access to web proxy module and manage only ACL agregation. Something like Webmin has. (Actually, I prefer Nethserver for its simple and manageable interface).

1 Like

Hi @lldm30,

The possibility already exists:

https://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=delegation_of_authority

5 Likes

OMG! … I will definetly try this… thanks a LOT! :smile:

2 Likes

A cockpit-style info page but more info, love the way cockpit lets you view logs but would love a way to view and manage logs. I mean I usually ssh in and view but i do like the cockpit-style info.

1 Like

Look at our Conference agenda and NethServer next UI :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can try a new version

8 posts were split to a new topic: How to Monitor my network with NethServer?

Definitely this topic must live and continue !

Please, go on with Ideas and Needs :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am really surprised that there is no installation package for Wordpress.

There is, as you already know: