What is the most awesome module/feature for NethServer, that does not yet exist?

To estart or stop services… That already done now :wink:

Well done @stephdl

You can tranquilly work on the disk managment feature now :smile:

I’m rather looking after bareos…I have had a long talk with the team at the fosdem.

1 Like

Good! Have you got an idea?

4 posts were split to a new topic: Manage nfs in the shared folder

i Would say a sas/iscsi support inbuild for expansion of owncloud,roaming profiles info, for rapid redundancy and availability, a module that permit attach a custom iscsi disk or partition for that data only.

because the VM aproach for Owncloud and roaming profiles is to expensive, i would prefer throw that data to a inexpensive and SAS or isci devices for better backup/data/price performance and the Nethserver in a VM inself.

just my two cents.

Good point, please take a look at this discussion and provide there your insights

2 Likes

Up, sure that you miss something.

1 Like

Easy to suggest something absolutely awesome that does not yet exist in NS: https://nextcloud.com/collaboraonline/
As I understood from the info, this uses docker to run.

i think it is simple to make

Use NFS with Nethserver

http://community.nethserver.org/t/how-to-setup-nethserver-for-nfs?source_topic_id=255

hmzzz… and to set the challenge a tad higher: If you have 2 (or more) servers, setup GlusterFS.
For installing Gluster there is a quickstart howto on readthedocs: http://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Quick-Start-Guide/Quickstart/

2 Likes

Love it, we should make some test and test the waters!

Bump…shoot again. I’m listening

I can think of a few…

2 Likes

Wouldn’t mind seeing a module that incorporates wpa_supplicant to allow connections to WiFi access points.

playing with ns7 on rpi3, i really missed a webui for hostapd to create a Wifi access point :slight_smile:

@dz00te, I was just thinking about ARM based SoCs and hostapd and have come to the conclusion that a lot of Wifi chipsets that are included on these boards may not work as an access point / BSSID.

I have been experimenting with a Banana / Lamobo BPI-R1 board (which has a Realtek 8192CU wifi chipset) and have realised that this chipset won’t work as a access point (I have overcome this problem by plugging a Alfa AWUS036NH Wifi adapter into the Bananas USB port).

But I agree, it would be great to have a module that not only incorporates wpa_supplicant but also hostapd.

Mmmh. I do not miss much, but I still have some ideas:

FreeRadius
Horde
MiniDLNA

NFS is currently being edited by @stephdl and Horde is also tested by @m.traeumner :wink:

Great to see you mention Guacamole @robb. I’ve tested this last year and think it would be a killer app to add to netherver!

[root@NS7DEV6 ~]# yum search guacamole
Loaded plugins: changelog, fastestmirror, nethserver_events
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * base: mirrors.atosworldline.com
 * epel: mirrors.ircam.fr
 * extras: mirror1.evolution-host.com
 * nethforge: mirror.framassa.org
 * nethserver-base: mirror.framassa.org
 * nethserver-updates: mirror.framassa.org
 * updates: ftp.ciril.fr
============================================================================================= N/S matched: guacamole ==============================================================================================
guacd.x86_64 : Proxy daemon for Guacamole
libguac.x86_64 : The common library used by all C components of Guacamole
libguac-devel.x86_64 : Development files for guacamole-server

Name and summary matches only, use "search all" for everything.

[root@NS7DEV6 ~]# yum info guacd
Loaded plugins: changelog, fastestmirror, nethserver_events
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * base: mirrors.atosworldline.com
 * epel: mirrors.ircam.fr
 * extras: mirror1.evolution-host.com
 * nethforge: mirror.framassa.org
 * nethserver-base: mirror.framassa.org
 * nethserver-updates: mirror.framassa.org
 * updates: ftp.ciril.fr
Available Packages
Name        : guacd
Arch        : x86_64
Epoch       : 1
Version     : 0.9.9
Release     : 3.el7
Size        : 24 k
Repo        : epel/x86_64
Summary     : Proxy daemon for Guacamole
URL         : http://guac-dev.org/
License     : MPLv1.1 or GPLv2+
Description : guacd is the Guacamole proxy daemon used by the Guacamole web application and
            : framework to translate between arbitrary protocols and the Guacamole protocol.