We must organize the doc

No need FB account.

You can tranquilly go to Fosdem

Just wondering, how difficult would it be to create a writr-like template that is responsive and adapts to the actual width of the screen? Do we have members with HTML/CSS skills to do this?

Iā€™m not very happy with this dokuwiki.
These little but numerous ccs problems with various templates are ennoyingā€¦ to adjust, to maintain.

Finally, dokuwiki is a solution for usā€¦ or a new problem?

CSS (and templates) is just eyecandy. What you need to look at is functionality. In terms of functionality I think DokuWiki is one of the only options that has (for instance) ACL support so parts of the wiki can be used for more or less official docs and other parts can be open for the world.

Sureā€¦ But this eyecandy itā€™s the difference between a professional,look and amateurism look :unamused:

I greet my tribe

The difference, in my view , should weigh more on the content .

I understand brother @stephdl because the suggested changes are continuous and abundant from our community.

This effort must be seized . It seems important that as digital neighborhood, share some tasks.

Our priority should be the content of the wiki . Letā€™s use the default format DokuWiki as we move forward in parallel with other tasks such as :

1. Graphic Design ( I signed up for this task )
  2. Translations ( I scored for the Spanish with @jgjimenezs and others who wish to join )

As an example I put Manjaro community site & the wiki which is very complete.

Regards tribe :wave:

5 Likes

I agree my friend! :+1:

1 Like

Donā€™t get me wrongā€¦ Itā€™s what I mean in the other thread:

And when I see, at the time Iā€™m wrting this message, the last modification was: ā€œLast modified: 2015/11/18 21:09 by jimā€ā€¦2 days!!!
Iā€™m worry

I donā€™t understand jim, sorry, can you be more verbose.

Sorry to be enigmatic

When I see that things donā€™t go forward, Iā€™m ask me it we had choosen the right tool.

I was looking the way the administratorā€™s manual was made, and I understand now, each points @davidep explain in the other topicā€¦

Sure, I agree with @apradoc, we must concentrate on the content.

Edit: At the same time, the choise of the template is not trivialā€¦
i.e: the simplified bootstrap hide the left menu of the wirt menu, in consequense, we must choose the right template now.

Iā€™m totally behind this, letā€™s focus on content

How to proceed?
Making a link directly on the Howto in Discourse.
Ot Copy/Paste the howto in Discourse to put in a new wiki page?

I think that the how-toā€™s should be re-formated with the wiki style.

1 Like

Yes itā€™s enough, markdown should be supported

take a look to http://www.nethserver.org/dokuwiki/doku.php and report issues, enhancements

I did several categories (tags) http://www.nethserver.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=wiki_help#categories , you can retrieve them in the left menu.

I did a help page http://www.nethserver.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=wiki_help

you can embed videos http://www.nethserver.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=nethserver_installation_and_configuration_video

2 Likes

Wonderful!

ā€¦ I want to start translating :stuck_out_tongue: :thumbsup:

I will help as far as I find the time.
Before I start I would like to know if there any agreement who will write about what? :confused:

I agree with @WillZen on this. We need some kind of QC for the documentation wiki. A wiki is a place where anyone can add, but I think we can all agree that the NS wiki should be on topic, accurate, clear, and understandable, even for non sysadmins.

2 Likes

Totally agree. Whenever an image easy to understand the context.
There are many references under Creative Commons that we can use . Moreover we can generate the images under the open license and contribute to the freedom of knowledge in this area

2 Likes

the wiki for now is licensed (by default) under the GNU Free Documentation License 1.3

see the foot page :
Note: By editing this page you agree to license your content under the following license: GNU Free Documentation License 1.3

of course that can be changed

3 Likes