I saw and “I felt” some changes and improvements. :wink:
Also on mobile.

:vulcan:

1 Like

Next week we are going to upgrade to Discourse 1.6
Check announcement out and stay tuned!

1 Like

Hi @alefattorini,

It looks nice, but there are some things that are missing.

Can you put back the links to Docs, Wiki, main site of NethServer?

TIA,
Gabriel

2 Likes

[quote=“GG_jr, post:10, topic:3059”]
are some things that are missing.
[/quote] :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :thumbsup:

1 Like

Hi @alefattorini ,

Just a little push. :blush:

2 Likes

I’m working on it, I can’t fix it for now. Sorry.

1 Like

It’s back, I had to rewrite the whole customization:

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

Upgraded again, many new goodies this time!

p.s apps don’t work, our community isn’t currently hosted by Discourse Team

We have updated our Discourse release to 1.8, take a look at the new features if you’re curious

And the full release notes:

2 Likes

As you might have noticed, we have updated our Discourse to 1.9 version

1 Like

Thanks for the update @alefattorini , looks nice! I noticed that preformatted text between two “`” does no line break anymore.

So there should be a line break between Test 1 and 2:

Test 1 Test 2

Using preformatted text by intending 4 spaces works as usual:

Test 1
Test 2

Use triple backtick with syntax selector (optional) for long blocks of preformatted text/code

```perl
my $var = 2
```

Becomes

my $var = 2

Thanks but it’s not exactly the same as the triple backticks does syntax highlighting by default. I’ve gone away from code blocks which did the same because the syntax highlighting was more confusing than helpful in some cases.
My problem is that already existing howtos have missing line breaks now. I just want to know if the old behaviour could be reactivated or if I have to go through my howtos and change the backticks. I even don’t know if I am the only one who used single backtick preformatted text with line breaks.

Here you can see examples of missing line breaks (database creation, yum install etc):

To disable it I use

```text
my $var = 2
```

becomes

my $var = 2
1 Like

Thanks @davidep, so it looks like I have to fix my howtos?

The single backtick is for monospace font. The triple backtick is for preformatted text: I understand they are mapped by Markdown to the corresponding CODE and PRE HTML tags (or at least to something equivalent)…

1 Like

OK, so I may have used the single backticks in a wrong way but it worked. Now I have to use the triple backticks instead of the single backticks. Thanks for clarifying!

We could ask @alefattorini to add a custom CSS rule!

It depends on what’s the right behaviour and on how many texts are wrong now. I usually like to go as default as possible to avoid hard to find errors because of customizing.

And does it make sense to ignore wished line breaks?

1 Like