Try out NethServer 7 alpha2 ISO!

Maybe a little late, but I’ve prepared a vagrant box for NS-7a2 starting from the ISO @davidep and @giacomo prepared.

To use it:

vagrant init syntaxerrormmm/nethserver-7

The box is about 512 MB, so be patient while your system downloads it from HashiCorp servers. I will share a stub for Vagrantfile and provisioning with Ansible as soon as possible.

Hope this will help testing.

Thanks, regards,

4 Likes

Super news! Thanks Emiliano :smile:

I’m sure @edoardo_spadoni will appreciate it!

Sorry @giacomo, I have not yet tested, I’m having trouble setting up a mail server with dynamic dns.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Trouble setting up a mail server with dynamic dns

A post was merged into an existing topic: Trouble setting up a mail server with dynamic dns

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Trouble setting up a mail server with dynamic dns

Woow, I found someone who loves Vagrant :slight_smile: Great job Emiliano :+1:

Any other who have tested the apha2? Issues or feedback?
@giacomo how can we check this document and mark sections as done?

Who is doing (or already did) a test, can put his/her own name beside the title and mark with a strike the test case.

Do you mean edit the wiki page or like I have done in this post?

I was thinking about doing modification directly into the wiki.
Do you agree?

idk
I went ahead and tried it but being unstructured it could quickly become a mess with lots of us making changes.

I’m playing with it, but so far light tests.

If we have a test sheet to run tests and results ill be glad to perform it.

Check the wiki link above!

Probably you’re right, so what how we can handle this?
Can we create a new topic on discourse? If anybody does some tests, he/she can write to the forum, then a developer will take care to mark the wiki page and eventually fill a new bug.

Does it work?

I definitely go for this.

My test is lightweight starting the installer.
More delayed than version 6.7, usually it detects time zone and keyboard is self, the current beta did not.
Later I continue testing the web interface and some services