Try out NethServer 7 alpha2 ISO!

Hi Team,

Can we consider Nethserver 7 for production use? If beta will come is there an update from alpha2 to beta?

No. While alpha2 has proved to be pretty stable and bug free, we will support updates only from beta releases.

When will the beta testing will release? Is there an update from 6.7 to 7 beta? :slight_smile: I am very excited about this

1 Like

We don’t have a specific ETA, for now, I hope will not be as long in coming.

1 Like

While we still don’t know an ETA, we have outlined the remaining steps:

1. alpha3 with auth on samba4
  2. beta1…n until samba4 is stable
  3. rc and final

We’re close to completing step 1, but we can’t estimate how long will it take for step 2, since it’s mostly out of our control.
Hopefully, steps 2 and 3 could last a few days.

1 Like

Almost completed by:

See also

http://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=samba_dc

1 Like

It seems Webtop can’t connect do IMAP server.
Added also this to the TODO list!

I can’t reproduce the problem, my filter correctly blocks configured categories.
Please be sure to download a blacklist then retry.

What a bug hunter! Two new issues just opened, we are working to fix both

Fixed webtop package but the flood on the log is still there. Maybe @raffaele_fullone or @gabriele_bulfon can shed some light on this :slight_smile:

You should be able to download the fixed RPM from tonight :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are right, default language was “en” instead of “eng”.
nethserver-lightsquid >= 1.0.3-1.25.g6fba22a has a correct default, but if you have installed an older version before you need to change language from Lightsquid setting interface (“Web proxy stats” → “Settings”) to select an existing language.

@Stll0 thanks for your answer. installed version ist 1.0.3.-1.22.g4a768c9. witch repo to enable to get the update?

EDIT: update today installed. thx.

Hi @giacomo,

If I enable filter, squid (Web proxy) has stopped. I already have downloaded a blacklist (Université Toulouse and Shalla).

See attached image:

Very strange, I would like to see a couple of command output:

• systemctl restart squid
  • systemctl status squid, and if squid is stopped, also
  • journactl -xe

Also, if you can give me the ssh access (in private) I will dig more deeply. :wink:

[root@srvcomdesk ~]# systemctl restart squid

[root@srvcomdesk ~]# systemctl status squid
● squid.service - Squid caching proxy
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/squid.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2016-04-08 11:15:34 BRT; 9s ago
  Process: 31119 ExecStop=/usr/sbin/squid -k shutdown -f $SQUID_CONF (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
  Process: 30980 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/squid $SQUID_OPTS -f $SQUID_CONF (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 30973 ExecStartPre=/usr/libexec/squid/cache_swap.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 30981 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Apr 08 11:15:34 srvcomdesk.comdesk.lan (squid-1)[31108]: The redirector helpers are crashing too rapidly, need help!
Apr 08 11:15:34 srvcomdesk.comdesk.lan squid[30981]: Squid Parent: (squid-1) process 31108 exited with status 1
Apr 08 11:15:34 srvcomdesk.comdesk.lan squid[30981]: Squid Parent: (squid-1) process 31108 will not be restarted due to repeated, frequent failures
Apr 08 11:15:34 srvcomdesk.comdesk.lan squid[30981]: Exiting due to repeated, frequent failures
Apr 08 11:15:34 srvcomdesk.comdesk.lan systemd[1]: squid.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Apr 08 11:15:34 srvcomdesk.comdesk.lan squid[31119]: 2016/04/08 11:15:34| Warning: empty ACL: acl no_cache dstdomain "/etc/squid/acls/no_cache.acl"
Apr 08 11:15:34 srvcomdesk.comdesk.lan systemd[1]: squid.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
Apr 08 11:15:34 srvcomdesk.comdesk.lan systemd[1]: Unit squid.service entered failed state.
Apr 08 11:15:34 srvcomdesk.comdesk.lan systemd[1]: squid.service failed.
Apr 08 11:15:34 srvcomdesk.comdesk.lan squid[31119]: squid: ERROR: Could not send signal 15 to process 31108: (3) No such process

The “journalctl -xe” command return many lines, with a error:
The redirector helpers are crashing too rapidly, need help!

Yes, I can send ssh access to my machine. Send me a message, if necessary.

Thanks.

It’s a problem on suidGuard as you already pointed out, send me a pvt message with the access. I will try to fix it today :slight_smile:

SquidGuard is affected from a bug causing a segfault.
Upstream bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1253662

Hi Team,

Any Feedback for Beta? :smiley:

I’m on a bad lock :scream_cat:

https://access.redhat.com/security/vulnerabilities/badlock

I’m still plying with NS7alpha 2 and everytime i install something new i get a message to clear yum-chache.

Is this normal behavior?

1 Like

I’d say no, it isn’t! What happens if the cache is cleared?

This time i installed vpn. The installation was successfull. I klicked the button and hat normal softwarecenter again and vpn was correctly installed.