Thousands Nethserver instances in the world!

2000 Nethserver instances in the world ! :grinning:

8 Likes

@alefattorini, we’re waiting for your prosecco :tada:

1 Like

Of course! Great Jim you have eyes of a parrot… Ops of a Hawk! :smiley:

I was lucky to access this time… Really lucky :joy_cat:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Introducing new members on community - 16 Nov 15

And these are only the registered instances. All those servers that don’t have the phone_home service enabled are not shown here.

Right, registered and truly active. For istance VM not active are not countered as well

All ever active NethServer machines, (almost) from the beginning.

Data are updates once a day:
http://www.nethserver.org/phone-home/installation_map.html

Enjoy! @alefattorini @Jim @robb

(The code is almost the same as the phone home, but I’cant figure out how to get red color: @edoardo_spadoni any idea?)

3 Likes

But if I had reinstalled my Nethserver three times… How it done? It increment one time or tree times the counter?

Edit: this corrector automatic :skull:

On the main site… Perhaps it could be better to use this script, no?

Higher number… Better in marketing language :sunglasses:

This page counts unique installation for any IP.
This means that if you reinstall the machine 3 times from the same public IP, this installation is counted only once.

But the map also contains machines which are not running anymore.

And three WMs behind a NAT? How it’s incremented ?

Just one.

So we can use this script without hesitation for the main site. :joy_cat:

Hi guys I add my 2 cents on this :smile:

This page counts unique installation for any IP.

I think that it will be better to count the number of hashes even from the same IP.

This means that if you reinstall the machine 3 times from the same public IP, this installation is counted only once.

And after a time of inactivity the entity (NS install) should become another color (light grey) if it is not active for 30 days for example.

BR
Bogdan

We use a free API version of Google Maps Layers (the tool used to conquer the countries) and there is a limit. The limit is 100 rows. This rows are taken from a table with all coordinates and geometry data. So we have to limit the colored countries to the first 100 entries. :sob:

Anyway the map is amazing: http://www.nethserver.org/phone-home/installation_map.html :sunglasses:

2 Likes

2101 :grin:
7.21 installations per day since the 2000th…

If we earn 2500 installation for Christmas, I will offer one “caipirinha” for everybody :grinning:

4 Likes

:tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink:
yeah! I love caipirinha!

Ehi, you know I can fake the numbers, right!? :smiling_imp:
I’m willing to do it for free alcohol! :stuck_out_tongue:

Without alcohol… It will be a “Limonade”.

Don’t fake the numbers… Or I will fake the Caipirinha :laughing:

3 Likes