The stephdl repository is opened

Oh yes, definitely agree! great news and great work, many thanks @stephdl!

1 Like

You’re absolutely right, 40$ are not enough.
Feel free to open a new thread in this.

Because I’m a backer of this bounty, I will offer a couple of beers to @stephdl on next FOSDEM :wink:

4 Likes

I agree as well. Great work :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Worked recently on updates of :

• All documentation concerning the installation of my my modules
  • All dependencies have been updated in the stephdl repository

The folder you used to install my rpms by a link with yum has been removed, so you must use the repo now

If you have some troubles, please ask me.

4 Likes

Ahh, you also made a TT-RSS package! Awesome stuff! I’ve just discovered it recently and I love it. Got it installed on another webserver (not in ns); It’s android client is great as well!
Really good work with all these stephdl, I just wanted to thank you for your contribution. I wouldn’t feel safe deploying NS7 without your fail2ban module.
Thanks!

4 Likes

TT-rss is available on ns7 now

3 Likes

@docs_team I try to document all my modules in the wiki.
It is a comfortable way to add your user experience if you want it.

I don’t want to use discourse for this purpose, it is hard to follow or to retrieve this kind of informations
of course discourse is great in other usages.

So first install the nethserver-stephdl rpm and after install the others
of course bring back issues, enhancements, ideas !

5 Likes

Cool! Keep up with your good work :wink:
People are looking forward to your modules :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Nethserver-shellinabox is released in NS7, the main changes now are that the web terminal is displayed in Nethgui by a proxypass
it is nice :wink:

other RPM already available are there

5 Likes

Nethserver-Backupc is available for NS7 in my repository with its documentation

6 Likes

nethserver-dokuwiki released for NS7

6 Likes

Amazing! :scream:

2 Likes

you should update nethserver-stephdl rpm, now it is enabled by default, and after a restoration, my rpm should be reinstalled.

yum update nethserver-stephdl --enablerepo=stephdl

3 Likes

Love you for making Fail2Ban available on NS7! :slight_smile: Thanks a lot! You are awsome.

1 Like

Great software collection @stephdl!

Now I’m looking to nethserver-stephdl package
 I’d suggest the following enhancements

• /etc/cron.daily/check4StephdlUpdates: IIUC it is a script that alerts the admin for updates. Couldn’t that be implemented/integrated with yum-cron? It would be a nice plus for other NethServer packages too :blush:

• Why don’t define YUM groups here, too? We could see your modules in Software Center, too, once nethserver-stephdl package is installed! Please have a look to our comps repo (originally cloned from Fedora) and grab some ideas!

1 Like

yes, yum-cron could be used, ‘yum --download-only’ could be nice also to download nightly rpm, because we have cheap Internet in Europe, but for other foreign countries it is not the same, some have free bandwidth during a short period of the day.

will do, when the time let me it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Except errors or omissions, all my modules are on transifex, please @translations_team can you have a look

Can you point us out the link?

I would try to answer here why my modules are on my personal repository like answered in NethServer 8: wishlist for the conference by @m.traeumner and @alefattorini

For example the usage statistics is interesting. If we speak about the nfs module, nobody pointed that he used it, but the download statistics showed that it was used with no complaints.

I love also to manage all the server side

Like pointed by @davidep I could modify my rpm and use the software center, but at least one time you must use the command line.

2 Likes

Are you sure? What if you upload the sdl-repo.rpm to nethforge? We could add a “third party repositories” category to Software Center!

You know, we don’t like the command line :grin:

Have a nice 1st May
Festa del Lavoro :tada:

2 Likes