The install/update may have failed due to metadata caching problem

Hello Everyone,

I installed release 7.4.1708 on a bare metal system and have continually been getting the following error whenever I even go to the Software Center tab: “The install/update may have failed due to metadata caching issues. Please clean the cache by clicking the button below and retry the install/update operation.” Presses the Clear Yum Cache multiple times as well which did not help.

Just trying to install basic packages and update the system after the initial installation. I’ve tried reinstalling a couple of times to no avail. I afterward saw that a previous thread concerning the same issue was closed back in October after some stated the issue was resolved. I am however having the same problem and cannot find the exact steps to redirect to the “new” site (if that is even applicable anymore). Could someone please help? Thanks so much!

Xavier

Hello @xperry,

you may try this:

https://community.nethserver.org/t/yum-rpmdb-failed/7876

1 Like

Tried that serveral times- still having the same problem from NSGU- it s working from console with yum update and from cockpit without problems.

1 Like

Just look here: No "normal" update for Weeks now

1 Like

And quite similar Problem: All my Nethservers seem to be broken

1 Like

This one was fixed by rebooting:

1 Like

Sorry, I tried to reproduce your problem, installed cockpit, updated packages with it, restarted and Software Center still working on 3 NethServers but I’ll keep pushing…

2 Likes

We´ll talk tomorrow- Niki also has a Server with the same Problem like ours.

1 Like