[SOLVED] Admin account on NS 7.2

I am used to NS 6 and I have done a new clean installation of NS 7.2 on another server. I need an admin account to manage Nextcloud. I have so created it in NS, but it does not seem to have any privilege, and it does not give administration rights for Nextcloud. I have just deleted and re-created this account, but no success. And I cannot log on NS with it.
Any suggestion to fix this?
Thank you very much for your help.
Loïc

1 Like

IIRC you can use admin to login into nextcloud without adding it in users and groups.

To use a different user to login to server-manager create an administrators or managers group and add the desired user to it.

2 Likes

Have you tried with what’s indicated here:
http://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7b/nextcloud.html

use admin/Nethesis,1234 as default credentials

afaik the admin account to access nextcloud is not the admin account you use to access NS, even though they are called the same

Once you login you can change the pwd

1 Like

Thank you both of you, I mixed the two accounts. I can now log in Nextcloud as admin.
Loïc

Should we create a different admin for NextCloud called for example nc_admin? So we can avoid ambiguities, overrides and support requests? Possibly even with a different password: NethServer,1234

1 Like

A related disscusion regarding the admin user can be found at:

2 Likes

Hi @loic
please mark as solved the answer that you have solved the problem. :wink: This will help those who have the same problem to find the solution and simplifies the support group to find the unresolved problems.
Thank you very much

Sorry, I usually forget. Thanks again

1 Like