So, what are you working on? - 6 Nov 17

NethServer tribe!
How’s it going?
Sorry for my absence but I have been really busy with the Open Source Summit in Prague and my talk.

It was another great chance to talk about NethServer and the relationship between a company and an Open Source community. I chatted with many people about our community and project, so excited!
And you? What are your working on this week?

I 'd like hearing what other people do over the course of their day. What challenges they face and what keeps them up at night.

So what specifically are you working on at the moment? Are you setting up a new NethServer installation? Some great testing? Do you work for a cpmany or do you freelance? Is there a problem that you’re here hoping to solve?

Let’s give a big, warm welcome to our new members from this past weeks: 60 new faces!
If you’re new here, make yourself at home and welcome to NethServer Community:

Finally, I tag some people that are hanging around @indra @enzoturri @phonon112358 @rolf @sharpec @kristian1369 @wbilger @Crazyusb @sudhakar4877 @mrmarkuz
What’s on your plate?

3 Likes

I work for a company

I’m glad to join…thanks!!!

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome. As I posted earlier, I’m evaluating Neth to see about migrating to it from SME for my home server. Initial indications are promising.

2 Likes

Hello to everyone,

I completely NethServered my home office. My Lede WLAN router was downgraded to a 4 port access point and replaced by my productive NethServer(DC, Mail, Nextcloud, Webtop…) which additionally acts as a gateway now, with proxy and content filter. Red interface is connected to the provider router.
I host a mirror on this server so for maintenance downtimes I have a fallback mirror on a NethServer Raspberry to which I can forward port 80 and 443 from my provider router, when the “big” NS is down. If all goes really bad I can change dyndns IP to another mirror location.
Next steps will be multi wan(UMTS, WLAN) and local WLAN on NS.
I am really satisfied with this configuration, everything is working well.

4 Likes

Thank’s for the welcome and hello to everyone.
My name is Luca Arduini, I’m from Pesaro, and actually I’m working on Networks and VoIP systems.
During my school studies I had the opportunity to work with LTSP (Linux Terminal Server Project) and I appreciated it a lot; So I came there for increase my knowledge about Nethserver and Linux’s Open Source world.
I can’t wait to start!!

Hi everyone! Welcome here.
@sudhakar4877 which company do you work for?

@Fabio_Silva welcome! What brings you to nethServer?

@danb35 I’d like to collect some docs about that. So far we have just those discussions and a manual link
https://community.nethserver.org/t/moving-from-sme-server-to-nethserver/1366
https://community.nethserver.org/t/how-many-of-you-have-switched-migrated-from-sme-server/2190
http://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/migration.html

@Ardu19 are you still a student? Or are you working for a company?

@mrmarkuz nice overview of your NethServer-powered office :rocket:

I work for a company since 1 year and 9 months, I’m a network and VoIP system technician.

Good! Did you take a look at this yet?
https://community.nethserver.org/t/asterisk-13-and-freepbx-14-on-nethserver-7/4003

When I have some time I work on a simple way to deploy pxe boot on nethserver, I use erpxe for a long time but the developpement seem to be dead so I update it and start working on a module for nethserver

2 Likes

I will look whatever you ask me, because I would like be part of your team. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Glad to hear this. Would you like to help us testing the FreePBX part and give your feedback? Let’s check the discussion above

Ok let’s go. I’ll try and after I will tell you what I think about it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Installed pbx a while back and got ot working with my google voice number passably. Still a lot I dont understand, its very full featured but I got google voice audio to come through just not text or mms.

1 Like

@Ardu19 Great! Please let me know, I’m very curious of your feedback :slight_smile: help us to improve the product. @Stll0 would be super happy

@Jclendineng could you please open a new topic on that?

1 Like

@alefattorini i work on an asbl on belgium and we are trying to replace Zentyal to Nethserver and connect a lot of applications to it.

I will gladly help anyone when i would have mastered the Nethserver.

1 Like

Great goal! :heart: :slight_smile: