So, what are you working on? - 3 Jul 17

Ehi Family,
are you ready for another amazing week here? That’s my plan for the coming days

• I’m working on an internal survey here in Nethesis
  • I’ll answer some questions for an interview by a community manager friend of mine
  • write an article on a recent webinar
  • write an article about my last talks

And yours?
Let’s give a big, warm welcome to our new members from this past week. Make yourselves at home and consider this your safe space for any questions you have related to NethServer and sysadmin’s life.
This is an incredible supportive and understanding community. We’re all here to help each other.

Are you setting up a new NethServer installation? Some great testing? Do you work for a company, or do you freelance? Is there a problem that you’re here hoping to solve?

I’m seeing a lot of people hanging around @kelevra @oztony @flatspin @oricdan @GG_jr @vgsmantha @Miko10 @michele @Stefano_Zamboni @Ctek @narho68 @Ya_Ley @gecco @njm @jaapvdv @Xonline
What are you going to do this week?

Welcome Commitee , help me to feel people welcome and share what your are working on! @bwdjames @medworthy @devfx11 @welcome_commitee

1 Like

So in schools have holliday, I want upgrade my NS6.8 installations to NS7 on my school servers. And hope I can make it in this two weeks.

Great plan, what do you offer with NethServer in that school?

I have it in three schools, all are the same configuration.

• gateway
  • firewall
  • proxy
  • seafile
  • openvpn
  • multiwan
    That’s all.

I will explore different groupware soutions to find a (perfect) suitible for our needs, we now use SOGo with Thunderbird. It works fine, but I’m not completely happy. eGroupware looks promising. But I will also have a look at open-exchange and maybe others. Unfortunately webtop isn’t grown far enough for my needs (external calendars and external imap).

Have a busy week at work deploying new systems.

One thing I need to work out and fix is the Shared Folder permissions on my NSv7 installation using Active Directory. At the moment the permissions are too open and certain users have too much access to certain shares. Not sure if I’ll get to that this week or not.

@Miko10 I love that. Did yo share your seafile howto somewhere? I’d like to add it to our list, looks interesting.
@flatspin I hear you, thanks for sharing your efforts and outcomes I hope that the @webtop_team will make you happy in the future.
@bwdjames who are these “certain users” ? :smiley:

We have 4 users and about 6 Shared Folders setup.

For two folders, 2 users need ReadOnly access while the other 2 users have ReadWrite access.
For another folder, only 2 users need ReadWrite access and no-one else should have access to this folder. The problem is that I need to select the Allow read permission to everyone in combination with Read and write in order to give the 2 authorised users the correct Read/Write access even though I have explicitly given them the Read/Write permissions under the ACL tab.

1 Like

We are working to add priority and divert rules to Squid.

The new interface will allow to create rules like:

• traffic from host badpc goes to low priority
  • traffic from CIDR service_net goes high priority
  • traffic from myprinter diverted to myslownet provider (automatic failover)
  • traffic from mywebserver forced to myfastnet provider (no switch if the WAN goes down)

/cc @m.traeumner

5 Likes

If you are using the Active Directory module and your shared folders are on a Windows machine, then make separate groups (as per your permission requirements), add users to those groups, and then give the groups permissions to the shared folders.

That’s what I did, and it works like a charm! :slight_smile:

Sneak peek on the new panel :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can also try it right now!

1 Like