So, what are you working on? - 13 March 2018

NethSERVERIANS
how’s it going? A new week is already started and we’re always here building and supporting our beloved NethServer :love_letter:
We know, it’s not a perfect product but thanks to our AMAZING people is becoming every day more and more powerful! :tractor: (and polished!) :princess:

As every week a lot of new things happened :sparkles: in our community over the last period, that’s a short list:

In addition, as every week It’s time to welcome all of our fancy new members! :baby::baby:

24 new members over the last 1 week

Make yourselves at home and consider this your safe space for any questions you have related to NethServer or IT professionals. This is an incredibly supportive and understanding community. We’re all here to help each other. GIVE US A TRY :muscle:

So people what specifically are you working on at the moment?

Tagging some veterans that are hanging around @jfernandez @sharpec @Francenildo @des @cjh @Wellington_Rodrigues @Daniel_Mogollon_M @Crazyusb @tonci @RoccoB @Andy_Wismer @alpreseidente What’s on your plate? :plate_with_cutlery:

WELCOME

pain meme

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Good to see so many new faces. I hope you all will find here what you are looking for… If you don’t find it yet, just ask… don’t be shy!
I have installed @stephdl’s project: rspamd… and I love it! Getting way less spam in now…
nl 980-2018-03-13-22-38-56
5% rejected, 6% greylisted… nice result…
I also want to point to my own little baby: How are we going to run our community in the (near) future
I have had a lot on my plate last week, but this week I will be able to be a bit more active in the community again…

2 Likes

Hallo! I’m start to use Nethserver for learn about servers. My intention is use for work. I’m a lawyer and I want to use nextcloud to mantain a cloud of my files. After, mantain a website of my office. All by myself and with a little help from my friends.

3 Likes

Welcome on board @Adenauer. Good to see you already are trying some NethServer features. If you run into any problems, just yell and we will try to solve the problem.

How is it going with NextCloud?

I am getting ready to implement Nethserver as my home server replacing Windows Server 2016 Essentials. I have a post going were I have gotten a ton of help from the community already found here.

Basically it will be AD/Domain server, client backups and file server. Ill be serving up currently 2 Windows 10 laptop client machines and a Manjaro laptop client machine.

While not a guru, I do use CentOS everyday in work. Hopefully that translates to being able to get into Nethserver quick and easy.

I was immediately impressed with Nethserver due to the clean and informative website and wealth of good documentation. I then tried it out in a VM and the web interface is very well done, intuitive and the functional aspects of Nethserver meet or exceed all my needs.

Last but not least, I then hit the community with my newb questions and didnt get chased out with torches and pitchforks. Instead I was met with friendly, informative and helpful community members.

I then decided that even though I didnt get things working 100% in a VM, that all the peices were there for me to implement Nethserver on my server and get it working.

This weekend I am going for it! Wish me luck

5 Likes

Ahaha this is great! :rofl:

Thanks for the compliments to the site @davidep @giacomo @edoardo_spadoni :slight_smile:

2 Likes