This is to share my experience so far and to explain how it works and how you can test ,
1. Smartphone with Android + internet
2. PHP server
How it works
1. Create an account on smsgateway.me
2. Install the application smsgateway on your smartphone
3. After the installation you need to provide your username and password to the app.
---Pay attention if you change your password later , you will need to delete the device, uninstall the app and then re-install it---- There is no option to update username and password into the phone app.
4. On the smsgateway you will see your device registered and an ID was assigned to it... Note the ID number .... https://smsgateway.me/admin/devices/index
5. Go to https://smsgateway.me/sms-api-documentation/getting-started
6. Download https://smsgateway.me/sms-api-libraries/sms-gateway-me-php.zip
7. unzip the file into the php root folder
8. Create a file called send.php
$smsGateway = new SmsGateway('youremail', 'yourpass');
$deviceID = yourdevid_;
$number = '+xxxxxxxxxxxx';
$message = 'Test 1 Hello ';
$options = [
'send_at' => strtotime('+1 minutes'), // Send the message in 1 minute
'expires_at' => strtotime('+1 hour') // Cancel the message in 1 hour if the message is not yet sent
//Please note options is no required and can be left out
$result = $smsGateway->sendMessageToNumber($number, $message, $deviceID, $options);
- Point your browser to the file send.php
https://smsgateway.me/admin/messages/index check the message sending status. here also you can send your message right of the smsgateway website,
I seek someone to create an APP for nextcloud so that sms can be customized and sent without changing the PHP file every time.
Also have a local copy of the incoming sms.
This could be the better version of the existing https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/ocsms
Hope this one will find an interested developer.