Showing server-manager panels to a user

It was in the first case, so it’s not possible OK, and yes the users is me. :smile:
Thanks a lot, what a amazing community.

It’s an interesting feature, I want it and we have already discussed but badly I don’t remember where :neutral_face:
@Paulo_Rodrigues I changed the category into “Feature” and modified the title.
How can we handle this? Can we achieve some thoughts?

the solution is quite simple and already here: just share admin credentials with users that need to login into web GUI

but how you share admin credentials with other users?? sorry if the questions is nub but I’m a nub to

well… fisrt of all I guess you need to give some users the possibility to login in web GUI to change some parameters… if so, since there’s no different access level (i.e. even if possible, all users loggin in will see all and could do everything), you have to give to delegate user(s) the admin password (different from the root’s one)

obviously you must trust the user(s)

I know now is noob not nub, lol sorry my english

As suggested by @Paulo_Rodrigues the starting idea might be quite simple, we need to permit a normal user to see just a few of existing panels, for example:

• user/groups/email address - managing email accounts
  • dashboard - showing NethServer status
  • shared folders - managing fileserver

What about? I am keen to hear what others think

with that is amazing improvement, but some information I think is important to for example in the dasboard the information how much each user holds the file server in comparison to other users. which models the admin want them to see and so on…

Good, please don’t add other arguments here, we have already covered this topic with @sitz you can reply there:

We already have it, simply there is no GUI for the configuration.

Good to know! :smile: So the first big step is already done only remaining to craft the GUI.

from what I recall the file /usr/share/nethesis/NethServer/Authorization/base.json needs to be templated

I did a quick template sometime ago

2 Likes

Thanks for having started the job do you have any mockup or suggestion on howto designing the GUI?

The easier should be to use the User Panel with a new plugin Tab, and inside a SELECTOR_MULTIPLE of all panels, but it can be imagined to create a particular Panel.

It depends on how many users and delegations I need to manage, if I need to delegate just one user or two your way is more suitable at the contrary if I need to delegate more users or I need to create more delegations they will be dispersed into user panel. In this case I need a particular panel, am I wrong?

In fact something that I don’t like too much in the server-manager of SME Server is the menu for each Contribs you have, when a lot of contribs are installed, you have a lot of menus.
This is done mainly because formagick prevents to build panel with a plugin way. A core panel can not be modified by another developer.

It is different here but at the end it is needed to display a list of user/group whatever the panel.

Thus I mean that it could be used the user and the group panel, hence nethgui will be streamlined

Hi guys

but I’m a little bit confused.

@Paulo_Rodrigues wants to just assign some widget of the NethServer Admin Dashboard to some “power” user and/or some administration action such as create/modify users/groups/folders etc.?

I the first case we could continue this discussion within
http://community.nethserver.org/clicks/track?url=%2F%2Fcommunity.nethserver.org%2Ft%2Fthe-nethserver-end-user-dashboard%2F911&topic_id=1884

However very interesting discussion.

I guess the latter but only @Paulo_Rodrigues can answer correctly :slight_smile:

My first idea was to create users with admin permissions on the dashboard, then the community start to put in their ideas and I just let them go.

But it is very interesting, to know how this can evolve, for me the idea of a user can set the ACL share folder is amazing or having the capability of get the information of the space he uses on server.

I already see your drawings and they are fantastic, I think giving permissions like models is the best.

I will try to use your link to provide same of my ideas on the future.

1 Like

Right, here we’re talking about permissions. @sitz’s discussion is about Dashboard strengthening