Share a photo of your work/home setup

Today is #shareyoursetupday
can you take a pic of your PC at home or at office?
This is my new office :slight_smile:

This is actually my server/network corner at my home:

• Xeon server with Nethservice NG 6.9 Enterprise/Nethvoice 11/Owncloud/File server (2 SDD 128GB in Raid 1 + 3HDD 3TB in (2 in Raid 1 + 1 Spare)) + VM with Nethservice NG 7.4 Community for Madsonic
  • Modem Router for ADSL line (Backup)/ Wireless + Modem Router for VDSL line
  • Gigaset N510IP Pro for Cordless Phones
  • Grandstream HT503 for POTS line + analog phone
  • Switch 24 ports for various devices (TV/PCs/other Access Points/Sonos speakers/Printers/Ip Phones)

And this is my office corner:

2 Likes

My lill piece of paradise at work :

And the storage locker/server room :

this is inside of my office (my computer is on the right with a big monitor)

and this is outside

A rack beside the workstation: I think we have a winner! :smiley:

1 Like

We have to launch the contest “The World’s Worst Rack” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

1 Like

Why not? :wink:

1 Like

My new toy!

Asrock Deskmini 110 Barebone
CPU: Intel Core i5-7400
RAM: 16GB
Disks: SSD 500GB x 2 (in raid1)
Nethserver NG 7.4

I will use it as mail server to manage some personal domains with low traffic mailboxes that I will migrate from a old virtualized Windows 2003 with HMailServer.

3 Likes

I have a daughter of almost 4 years and these 2 children
the desk tomorrow …

7 Likes

Here you have a better background for that left monitor:

:smiley:

3 Likes

I like the new “Dell” logo :+1:

1 Like

:muscle: We need to spread more NS stickers… :smiley:

the stickers are also great for the notebook

5 Likes

I have a bunch of stickers here if you need :smiley:
Give me a shut and I will send you something

1 Like

I still have plenty to give away… but please share with as many members as possible…

My home tower:

7 Likes

You missed the Dell Logo at the desktop :joy:

1 Like

Here is a picture of my rack in my basement NOC.

You will see a tower of 5 Cubieboard2 SOCs with their sata HD. Next to them is a tower of hubs connected to my big HP Procurve switch. Each hub is a different VLAN. These Cubies are mostly running Centos7-arm. One is Fedora-arm 28.

Below you will see on the left a POGO Plug running Red Sleeve 7 (I have since gave up on the Pogo, anyone want it for playing with RSEL7?). One the right is a Cubietruck running RSEL6 as my mailserver. This is the 1st one to be upgraded with Nethserver.

The Cubie2s are all powered from ONE Anker 40W USB power supply. Just switching to these from old Intel boxes my ROI based on power savings was 7 months.

7 Likes

Ok here is my set up

ok lets talk about under the hood what my goals & where iam taking it

From bottom up inside the cabinet I have a dell cs24-nv7 specs

Amd opteron 8 core x 2 = 16 cores
64gb ram
4 x 10tb hard drives raid 5

This is my nethserver firewall master node with foreman installed basically my management server I will eventually have a failover for this node

Next is the terramaster nas server f5-420 this will be my back up server only for original clones of servers and complete installed os with there apps installed and company document templates etc and any important stuff like encryption keys etc just incase of failure this will never be on after original clone.

Next is my custom built pc I made myself.

Amd ryzen 7
Motherboard gigabyte ab350m gaming 3
16Gb ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Added iscsi dual nic
Water cooled cpu double radiator
Diskless running win 10 pro from my nethserver via iscsi

Next is the wireless router this is a tp-link ac9 1900 this is running from the nethserver which is in the dmz zone

Above that we have a network switch for fiber and ethernet this connects everything to the nethserver and will be used to expand the system

Above that is a kvm switch so I only use one key board one mouse and all monitors on any of my systems at a press of a button well you never know if ssh goes down so I need to be able to access the systems if I cant ssh in

Above that is a net app fas and storage array this will be my file server eventually & be where I run all my tftp data from eventually.

I have another 4 dell cs24-nv7 servers which will eventually be going in the loft and be used as nodes for docker.

And as time goes I will expand and add more nodes to scale the data center and eventually push push into big data.

I will also be sorting a backup server out not sure what route to take thou as because tape servers I don’t know just seem a little outdated but I have to do a lot of research and learning on that one for the best option

Lots of work to do still lmao but im getting there slowly

7 Likes