Share a photo of your work/home setup

IKEA rulez! :smiley:

Yup. It is really handy!

Ok, you asked for it. Although I don’t know if I could call it a work area, that would require something actually gets done. :yum:

4 Likes

I recognize a Beta1 on the second pic :smiley:

Yep, the server running it is on the ground, the monitor propped up on the file drawer is the one hooked to it. That’s my testing/experimentation area. While I’m thinkng about it, would it be possible to add a CLI to the control panel for NS? It’s kinda a pain to have to run out to my workshop everytime I want to try something on the command line, just curious cause it seems like a feature most other project of this type have.

1 Like

Like this?

2 Likes

How do you access the Mac?

With all the stuff under the table… You can’t access the keyboard and the mouse normally, isn’t it? :smile:

2 Likes

Here is a new, obviously uninstalled, Nethserver Hardware :slight_smile: (and some Client Hardware for decorative purposes) :slight_smile:
And some packets are still missing.

3 Likes

That’s awesome! :smiley:

:heart_eyes:

Jim, the keyboard and mouse are Bluetooth, I just move them where I need them. I started cleaning and organizing a month ago, that’s as far as I got. Actually the Linux boxes on the floor were put away while I was cleaning, then I drug them back out. Sigh, :expressionless:

Exactly like that, now I have something else to fiddle with when I get home. :confused:

@fasttech I saw your home office picture, liked it, and used the same theme but with less paper!
and as @alefattorini says

So, here is My home office.

and this was our test setup…

It was looking much better a few weeks ago! We have been dismantling the hardware for a major change in the building structure and now we do not need this hardware any more. (if anyone is interested in collecting them, we have some Dell servers and a few tower PCs available).

And finally, for general email/admin we have a much smaller cabinet in the corner of the office.

4 Likes

What kind of dell servers, where are you located?

We have 2x PowerEdge 1850 and 3x Poweredge 1750, located near Stonehenge, England, UK

1 Like

Bummer, I’d be interested but you’re across the pond :sob:

this is my little corner in my apartment, relax with jive bunny with NethServer

Well not mine, just a dream…based on 2 x Quadro NVS 510 GPU…really not cheap

5 Likes

Today is #shareyoursetupday
can you take a pic of your PC at home or at office?
This is my new office :slight_smile:

This is actually my server/network corner at my home:

• Xeon server with Nethservice NG 6.9 Enterprise/Nethvoice 11/Owncloud/File server (2 SDD 128GB in Raid 1 + 3HDD 3TB in (2 in Raid 1 + 1 Spare)) + VM with Nethservice NG 7.4 Community for Madsonic
  • Modem Router for ADSL line (Backup)/ Wireless + Modem Router for VDSL line
  • Gigaset N510IP Pro for Cordless Phones
  • Grandstream HT503 for POTS line + analog phone
  • Switch 24 ports for various devices (TV/PCs/other Access Points/Sonos speakers/Printers/Ip Phones)

And this is my office corner:

2 Likes