Scalability of NethServer

I kept this discussion uncategorized since I wasn’t sure if it belongs in Development, Feature or Support.
I would like to discuss how NethServer 7 scalability will look like?

With scalability I mean 2 scenario’s:

• being able to install different modules on different servers (physical or virtual) in order to be able to have different servers on the same LAN/Domain conducting different tasks.
  • being able to install the same module on different servers (physical or virtual) in order to balance the load over multiple servers.

Especially with the new Samba4 AD account provider module there are scenario’s that are currently not (yet) supported in server manager like having multiple NethServer7 DC’s.

What is planned that will be supported (through server manager) for options? Currently we can create a Domain with a NethServer7 Server, and that is about it.
Scenario’s that I can think of:

• Joining a NethServer7 server as a DC to a Windows AD domain
  • Joining a NethServer7 server as a DC to a Samba4 domain
  • Joining a NethServer7 server as a member to a Windows AD domain
  • Joining a NethServer7 server as a member to a Samba4 domain

Can we come to more different scenario’s? Will all these scenario’s be supported (through server manager)?

Yes, they will be available during the 7 life cycle. So not immediately, but after Final.

Already available

Given common NethServer use cases, supporting the first scenario is the most important thing right now.