Release of NethServer 7.4.1708 Final

That’s right I haven’t it to and what’s about the sogo problem like at the following thread:

[SOLVED]Sogo+AD+Chinese Typo on sogo.conf - I do not understand

Using LDAP instead of AD is not a solution for everybody.

The warning appears when upstream (CentOS) releases a new minor version, which is a situation that created some issues in the past. Here we are releasing the NethServer 7.4, which is tested by our @quality_team and 100% safe (hopefully), so no banner is required.

Do you think there is a bug in SOGo configuration? Sorry I didn’t read that topic, I’m quite busy now. I’d really appreciate if someone files a bug here or on GitHub with reproducible steps! :pray:

1 Like

Thanks for clearifying this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem here. SOGo works. I can login wth my users and the service starts.
Binary password is in sogo.conf.

All seems fine so far. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I was also able to restore events and preferences on the new machine.

4 Likes

Hi Ralf,
thanks for testing.

2 Likes

I can confirm that. Binary password in sogo.conf works:

2 Likes

You are right, I removed libvirt and on next reboot the virbr0 was away. I searched the net and 192.168.122.1 seems to be a default libvirt bridge. Thanks again!

1 Like

I’ve updated to 7.4 final yesterday, but without a reboot. The password is still cleartext, not binary.
Did you have done a reboot after that?
I can’t do at the moment.

On an updated LDAP Nethserver 7.4 I have no binary password too and it works after reboot.
On a fresh installed AD NS 7.4 I have binary password and it works after reboot.
Sorry, I don’t have an updated AD NS 7.4. Maybe it’s like already created passwords stay in cleartext.

2 Likes

@davidep Do you have an idea for this? Is it a bug?

The upstream samba package was updated from 4.4 to 4.6 in CentOS 7.4. I suppose they changed the random password generation algorithm…

On our side, about one year ago we disabled the automatic SSSD password renewal function, introduced in 7.3 that breaks non-sssd aware modules (like SOGo, WebTop, Roundcube…).

I think we should stop to use the machine password to browse Samba AD LDAP and always require a dedicated account, like we do with MS AD. Local AD provider can generate it automatically.

No, as long as individual configuration templates and applications support binary data.

2 Likes

Hello. I decided to write about the problem after the update: I get the following
systemd-219-42.el7_4.4.x86_64 conflicts with dracut <033-499
Do you have any tips on how to solve the problem?

Hi @111,

actual dracut version is 033-502, so I think dracut will be updated and the conflict is gone…
In which situation do you get this error? On Update? Just found in /var/log/messages?

2 Likes

rpm -q dracut
If you find multiple packages at different versions use yum remove on the older ones.

2 Likes

A new ISO containing a small fix is available. Same file name - checksums updated.

• MD5 bef85e768c5a0fb2b8f35d91e88f3ee7
  • SHA1 b38b74608e7f0462f4369f7b1effbe92b0a0cede
  • Torrent Info 7C62855279337B6ADC17920FC424288784B08D84

Please update the torrent seeders from

http://packages.nethserver.org/nethserver/iso/nethserver-7.4.1708-x86_64.iso.torrent

2 Likes

Thanks for the hint, everything quickly resolved with the removal of the old package.

1 Like

BTW, having multiple versions of packages is a symptom of a problem: maybe a simple failed yum transaction not to worry about, but also some unlikely hw failure.

Who wants to lend an hand on writing the 7.4 press announcement?

When the ISO is pushed to SourceForge some triggers are pulled and DistroWatch Softpedia and others start to blog about it.

We should release a blog post on www.nethserver.org to cover the event properly :beer:

I started a wiki page to draft the announcement, copying the old 7.3u1 from our blog, you can modify it:

https://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=rel74draft

Please, use Markdown syntax

We should include all improvements since 7.3.1611 update1. You can find the feature changelog on the manual and on the github changelog:

/cc @docs_team @ambassadors_group @dev_team @quality_team

Let’s join our forces and help our fellow @alefattorini :smiley: :pencil2:

9 Likes

I started with some lines in the wiki. I kept the 7.3 “template” and wrote above. I added the images to a new namespace “release” so that we don’t have a mess with other pics…

7 Likes