Release of NethServer 7.4.1708 Final

Test environment is up to date now. Yum Error occured, but after clearing yum cache it looks well.
I’ll test it.

Update: Squid, Webtop, Horde and Samba AD is running without any problems

1 Like

Added the ISO download link and hash info. TL;DR torrent.

This is a preview release, please test it (even on bare-metal, really appreciated!) /cc @quality_team

2 Likes

Updated 7.3 via mobile phone, worked like a charm…

4 Likes

Hi
So far 5 Servers updated OK.

One Server brings this problem, even with a reboot:

I do have a current backup and, as the server is virtualized, even a complete image from last night, so it’s all no sweat.

But - as there’s hardly anything special on this server or it’s environment, add to that the whole system is fairly new and hardly used (Only one Windows 10 client and one windows 7 client in the AD domain) I do wonder what could have caused this problem?

The Accounts-Provider page doesn’t show any problems…

Any Feedback welcome…
Andy

2 Likes

Please look at /var/log/messages if you find any relevant error message.

You could also execute manually the following command and catch its stderr:

/usr/libexec/nethserver/list-users

@Andy_Wismer see if your logs match this…

@davidep

Manually trying this out gets me:

Failed to start authentication backend: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/NethServer/LdapClient.pm line 126.

This seems relevant.

Var/log/messages: (Excerpt)

This looks good:

Oct 23 18:00:13 bhzh-nethserver esmith::event[4083]: Event: post-backup-config
Oct 23 18:00:13 bhzh-nethserver esmith::event[4083]: Action: /etc/e-smith/events/post-backup-config/S40nethserver-dc-post-backup SUCCESS [0.032782]
Oct 23 18:00:13 bhzh-nethserver esmith::event[4083]: Event: post-backup-config SUCCESS
Oct 23 18:00:13 bhzh-nethserver esmith::event[3715]: Action: /etc/e-smith/events/pre-backup-data/S20nethserver-backup-config-predatabackup SUCCESS [10.867141]

But later on:

Oct 23 18:08:41 bhzh-nethserver httpd: [ERROR] NethServer\Tool\GroupProvider: Account provider generic error: SSSD exit code 1
Oct 23 18:08:41 bhzh-nethserver httpd: [ERROR] (1) SASL:[GSSAPI]: Failed to start authentication backend: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/NethServer/LdapClient.pm line 126.
Oct 23 18:08:44 bhzh-nethserver admin-todos: (1) SASL:[GSSAPI]: Failed to start authentication backend: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/NethServer/LdapClient.pm line 126.
Oct 23 18:09:02 bhzh-nethserver httpd: [ERROR] NethServer\Tool\GroupProvider: Account provider generic error: SSSD exit code 1
Oct 23 18:09:02 bhzh-nethserver httpd: [ERROR] (1) SASL:[GSSAPI]: Failed to start authentication backend: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/NethServer/LdapClient.pm line 126.
Oct 23 18:09:03 bhzh-nethserver sshd[4959]: Connection closed by 192.168.203.29 port 52054 [preauth]
Oct 23 18:09:05 bhzh-nethserver admin-todos: (1) SASL:[GSSAPI]: Failed to start authentication backend: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/NethServer/LdapClient.pm line 126.

1 Like

@fasttech

Hi

Thanks for the quick anwser. Checked that one out, but seems to be a different one…

I’ve posted excerpts of the logfile…

Thx
Andy

I think I’ll wait until next week.

Can you see the Samba DC version under Accounts provider page?

I updated 2 x 7.3 and 3 x 7.4b1 and nearly everything was fine except of

On a 7.4b1 update webtop5 completely lost the AD connection - NethServer domain wasn’t there anymore - I had to create it again(could copy from another NethServer), binary bind password didn’t work with copy paste, but DOMAIN\admin worked. This webtop5 did not work because of the binary password after install some time ago so I changed the config and it was a test vm for some time, maybe this was the reason.

With a fresh installed webtop on another updated 7.4b1 webtop looks ok, even with binary password:

Working on the Nethservers at first look:
samba dc/shares
nextcloud via android
nethserver http mirror
mailserver roundcube
webtop5 AD login
IPS suricata
squid proxy
content filter
antivirus
ntopng

@Andy_Wismer
Maybe you already tried but…just an idea…disable firewall with “shorewall clear” for testing

Found at the end of this thread:
http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/NT-STATUS-INTERNAL-ERROR-td4705648.html

EDIT:

Fresh install with new iso also worked in a first test.

3 Likes

There was a nightly kernel update to 3.10.0-693.5.2.el7 and on one of my servers it worked after reboot but my managed host nethserver mirror didn’t come up again. Don’t have direct contact to the provider and no control, just SSH which doesn’t work but I will report…maybe it’s just a provider error. Just to be warned of the kernel update…

EDIT:

It was just a firewall problem, server is up again with new kernel…

2 Likes

@davidep

Yes, I could see the version of Samba, on that page everything looked ok.
However, I did not make a screenshot, and reverted the machine to the version a night before…
(This is a virtual home server for a client).

My bad. ;-(

Andy

@mrmarkuz

Hi

I saw your message a little too late. As this was a clients home server running on Proxmox, i restored an image from last night, and all’s working again.

Best regards
Andy

I saw, I came, and I waited :innocent:

Hi

Wanted to download the latest ISO for my personal ISO repo, but seems to be an error here:

The ISO is the older U1…

Andy

It is still not released, we’re just #testing it :innocent:

However the repositories are officially 7.4

Any update is 7.4

@davidep

Well, the release notes are already at 7.4… :wink:

As to the testing: So far 5 servers ok. One real, the rest virtual under ProxMox.

Can the ISO be downloaded somewhere?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Andy

1 Like

The torrent link is on the first post.

Please help also by seeding it for a while :wink:

You’re right, 7.4 is out, but still no official ISO because we should test it before releasing it.

@davidep

I redid the update on the 1 server with problems, this time the update also came with the new kernel.

However:

I can see the Samba DC version: Even changing the IP works, but i still get the error message in the dashboard.
And no users / groups visible… ;-(

I have 4 virtualized NethServers, all 4 at different sites, but almost identical Hardware (HP MicroServer with ProxMox), NethServers have 4 CPUs and 8 GB RAM allocated.

All the other servers tested, including 2 real hardware based NethServers, none displayed this problem.
I do admit to be stumped at the moment. Not that it’s really a big problem, as I do have a current backup of this server and all settings - and a restore in ProxMox is fairly fast.

But I would like to know why and what exactly caused this problem - also for the benefit of the community and a stabler and better NethServer!

Thanks for any suggestions.

I can also provide any Logfiles or such if requested.

Best Regards
Andy

1 Like