Qwerty keyboard still used after the installation

I did several installations with either proxmox or virtualbox and after the installation, at the initial reboot, the keyboard is in qwerty whilst I set (and I’m sure) the keyboard in french.

bug or feature ?

You already know it :blush:

Installer doubts? please paste here:

/root/anaconda-ks.cfg

BTW Italian keyboard is always set correctly in interactive and manual installation modes

this is it, it sounds something in my ears

keyboard --vckeymap=us --xlayouts=‘us’

Are you sure you set the French layout? :grin:

Sadly Yes and i removed the us keyboard…i will try with a stock el7.

Firstly i thought this comes from the console of proxmox…but it is the same with vb

By the way what is the keyboard you use in italy ?

Sadly Yes and i removed the us keyboard…i will try with a stock el7.

Firstly i thought this comes from the console of proxmox…but it is the same with vb

By the way what is the keyboard you use in italy ?

1 Like

It’s QWERTY with accented letters. Symbols are placed differently from US keyboard. I can type on both :sunglasses:

You could try the CentOS install mode from NethServer ISO, too!

1 Like

I want to add that the issue is not by ssh, only when i use the console of the virtualisation software

Of course, SSH client runs on your workstation: it has the workstation keyboard!

BTW this is my keyboard line in /root/anaconda-ks.cfg

keyboard --vckeymap=it --xlayouts=‘it’,‘us’

1 Like

Please, start with this attempt:

loadkeys fr

Does it load the correct table?

If it’s good, then you can try to reinstall in “interactive” or “unattended” mode by adding as boot parameter:

keyboard=fr

BTW after installation on a running system, the correct command to fix the keyboard is

localectl set-keymap fr

For more details

man localectl
2 Likes

well to close this thread

set keyboard at the installation
set language at the installation

think to set the keyboard layout in french in the setting of your proxmox VM…this is what I missed