Php 7.1 remi repo max_input_vars wont play nice

Anybody stumbling on this topic in search of help, this is a dumb question resulting from not RTFM.

NethServer Version: NethServer release 7.3.1611 (Final)
Module: Stephdl Repository / php71

Hello people, I am aware that this is not officially supported, but I wondered if someone could help me out here. I am trying to set the max_input_vars for php71 to 2000, instead of the default 1000.

I do this by issueing the following command:
config setprop php71 max_input_vars 2000
signal-event nethserver-php-update

When I did this for max_execution_time, it worked fine.

When I do a config getprop php71 max_input_vars, I get 2000. When I reload my Typo3 install package, it still complains about this value beig 1000.

I rebooted the system just to make sure that I was nog missing something ovious, without improvement.
To make extra sure I issued the config setptop command for php, php70 and php71 … they all come back with 2000 when I getptop them …

Any clue where I should be looking to diagnose this ?

It is simply not implemented by my module so you cannot change it by this way.

1 Like

rgr … I added the line to /etc/opt/remi/php71/php.ini and that worked fine. Thanks for the hint :slight_smile: I feel a bit stupid now :stuck_out_tongue:

Check the first linea of that file… If it’s templated, your edit will disappear

1 Like

Sometimes I get tired of my own sloppy reading. Thanks for helping me see the light.

I created the correct folder structure under /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/ and added the max_input_vars = 2000 in the file 21ResourceLimits. Used signal-event and I am a happy camper now.

Up till now I equated one with the other, which is, in hindsight, just stupid. Thanks a lot.

3 Likes

Don’t feel stupid here, you can’t :slight_smile: You’re helping other “quiet people” that are hanging around :ok_hand:

3 Likes

just for (my) curiosity, why did you need to adjust this value ?

Because Typo3 lists it as a recommendation in the pre-setup check. It can continue without it being adjusted, but I see no reason to. So this value had to change :stuck_out_tongue:

which file did you change, do you think that the wiki page should be adjusted concerning the php.ini customisation.
feel free to change the wiki

EDIT :
https://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=php-scl#adjust_phpini

1 Like

Daim, you guys are solid gold. I work at a software company where I just skip the manual, as it is incomplete anyway. You guys even have little stuff like this documented …

RTFM could have saved me a nice chunk of time here :o Thanks again!

Hi everybody,
I have got almost the same problem on my VPS hosting Prestashop.
Using all information from this post i have solved the same problem
thanks @planet_jeroen and @stephdl

4 Likes

Hey guys,

Im having the same problem here.

|PHP Version:|7.3.9|
|Server Software:|Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) OpenSSL/1.0.2k-fips PHP/5.4.16|
|WordPress Version:|5.2.3|

I want to put the max_input_vars higher. Any good soul that can help me here?

I assume that you installed my rpm nethserver-php-scl and you have created a virtualhost called wordpress, then you will find all the configuration at /etc/opt/remi/php73/php-fpm.d/php-fpm.wordpress.conf

I propose you create a file /etc/opt/remi/php73/php-fpm.d/z_php-fpm.wordpress.conf

[wordpress]
php_admin_value[max_input_vars] = YourValue

then restart the service

systemctl restart php73-php-fpm

1 Like

think to adjust the path of the file if you switch the php version

/etc/opt/remi/php73/php-fpm.d/z_php-fpm.wordpress.conf
to
/etc/opt/remi/php72/php-fpm.d/z_php-fpm.wordpress.conf