Option to leave visible folder on the share samba

The really to be done, I saw in the documentation that is to do this by editing the template of the samba module, however added as application feature it is something simple and that might be of interest to many users of the solution. =)

If the interesting team of developers add well find otherwise, nothing like a small “patch” of modification to add this functionality in my environment. =)

You could modify template by your own , while dev make this feature!

1 Like

Give exactly he would do, just came request this functionality, for I hope that the project grow more and be even more complete for not only me, more for all users that use it. =)

I have other changes I intend to do, however they are more for my usage profile and not for general use, so do not think it’s feasible to do her request for the project. =)

#so lets start :

mkdir /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/samba/smb.conf/ibay-default
cp /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/samba/smb.conf/ibay-default/20profile_default /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/samba/smb.conf/ibay-default/20profile_default

then edit file:

vi /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/samba/smb.conf/ibay-default/20profile_default
add line 
browseable           = yes
finnaly run : 
signal-event nethserver-samba-update

And have a cup of coffe

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your help at this point, was still completing my tests in other tools that intend to deploy the first customer next week, before seeking that held the Samba templates to modify them.
With this his help, and using this change as an example, future modifications will be even easier to implement.

Many thanks again for your help with this and I hope that soon I will be more one of helping in the forum. =)

you should add

browseable           = { ($ibay{SmbBrowseable} || 'disabled') eq 'enabled' ? 'yes' : 'no' }

and set a new db per Ibay to allow or not the share to be visible (enabled/disabled)

db accounts setprop ouioui SmbBrowseable enabled

after that you could modify accordingly the

/usr/share/nethesis/NethServer/Module/SharedFolder/Plugin/Samba.php
/usr/share/nethesis/NethServer/Template/SharedFolder/Plugin/Samba.php
/usr/share/nethesis/NethServer/Language/en/NethServer_Module_SharedFolder_Plugin_Samba.php
/usr/share/nethesis/NethServer/Help/en/NethServer_Module_SharedFolder_Plugin_Samba.rst

and get a new options in the manager

6 Likes

How about update , they would revert php changes.

1 Like

no, if you share your edits here… they’ll likely be included into the next release :wink:

Hehe, @stephdl have done this already :slight_smile:

1 Like

then do a patch and propose a PR to github

2 Likes

@tacioandrade, would you like to file an enhancement request on dev.nethserver.org?

1 Like

@stephdl This dai is exactly what I wanted to do, however in my case would not know how to do initially not understand the tags used in the template files to pass information and would really break his head slightly.

@Nas actually it would give a complication, have to be careful at every moment with atualizaçẽos in netshserver-samba package. = / And I hope that the last modification by stephdl be accepted by the community and added to the next release, otherwise I will have to be careful every update that package again to patch the php files.

@filippo_carletti I did not know the dev.nethserver.org, so I came at the community forum to the request functionality. The next ideas you have, try to take you there as well.

http://dev.nethserver.org/issues/3208

1 Like

Thanks to @SystemEd-Jacob, the new package is in QA!

http://dev.nethserver.org/issues/3208

taken! since I’m already fighting with windows for others qa… :scream:

1 Like

Thanks man! I’ll pray for you :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The bug didn’t pass the first QA round, but it should be fixed now.

@SystemEd-Jacob can you try it?

@tacioandrade would you help us with QA checking the issue?

People sorry to delay in responding, I am implementing a very complex project in CloudStack for my monography and not open the email in this past week, I just came to see now.

In the case of this test at least until the end of the month will be with very little time, however I will see if I can take a few hours to see if I can help in testing.

1 Like

Uh! Looks interesting, would you like to talk about it open a new topic on our chat category? :smile:

BTW thanks for you time