Nextcloud Update - There were problems with the code integrity check

NethServer Version: NethServer release 7.3.1611 (Final)
Module: Nextcloud 11.0.3

System version: NethServer release 7.3.1611 (Final)
Kernel release: 3.10.0-514.16.1.el7.x86_64

Hello @dev_team,

I’ve just updated my Nethserver through Software Center and with this upgrade I’ve received a minor update to Nextcloud (from version 11.02. to 11.0.3). Upon upgrading I rebooted my Nethserver and logged back into my Nextcloud to confirm the upgrade and make sure Nextcloud had no issues.

At the top of my Nextcloud I’m seeing an errorsaying the following:

There were problems with the code integrity check.

I then looked at the details of the error to find the files in question:

> Results
> =======
> - files
> 	- EXTRA_FILE
> 		- js/_Old_fileactions.js

> Raw output
> ==========
> Array
> (
>     [files] => Array
>         (
>             [EXTRA_FILE] => Array
>                 (
>                     [js/_Old_fileactions.js] => Array
>                         (
>                             [expected] => 
>                             [current] => 
>                         )

>                 )

>         )

> )

Doesn’t appear to be anything obviously wrong between files except that this file is extra. I’m done some research from ownCloud/Nextcloud and the consensus seems to be that in order to upgrade Nextcloud the the Nextcloud folder needs to be owned by www-data:www-data (or in our case apache) and that extra files can be simply removed. Still digging more I see in the Nextcloud docs (https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/11/admin_manual/issues/code_signing.html) reference to extra files saying the following:

EXTRA_FILE
The file does not exist in signature.json. This usually happens when a file has been removed and signature.json has not been updated. It also happens if you have placed additional files in your Nextcloud installation folder.

But no instruction is give on that page to say what to do. Selecting rescan from my Nextcloud doesn’t fix the problem either. I doesn’t appear to be a big problem but I would like to remove the message. What are the proper steps to fix this error?

Thank you.

Did you try with help.nextcloud.com? I would suggest you open a discussion there as well.
I didn’t catch this issue and they can give you some helpful advie

1 Like

Thanks @alefattorini, I’ll see what answers I can get over at Nextcloud.

So can I assume that in testing from the nethsever devs no one else has this extra file like I do?

Just tried the update and didn’t run into this issue.
As long as the original fileactions.js is in place I guess it is safe to (re)move the old file.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly @dnutan. I’m running my nethserver in a VM anyway so I’ll do a backup and remove the extra file and see how it goes and report back here.

Thanks!

Just wanted to close out this thread. I removed the extra file (for now just copied _Old_fileactions.js out of /usr/share/nextcloud/apps/files/js/ to another location) and rebooted my Nethserver. The integrity check message has now gone away.

Seems in this case removing the extra file has not resulted in any errors with my Nextcloud server.

Thanks team!