Nextcloud 11.0.2 (stable) - LDAP error

NethServer Version: NethServer release 7.3.1611 (Final)
Module: 11.0.2 (stable)

Hello Forum,

I’m finally getting around to installing/testing Nextcloud 11. Before logging a bug I thought I would ask a few questions here first to see if this has already been seen.

My Nethserver did not have Nextcloud installed until today. After the install of Nextcloud I was able to successfully login with the local admin ID. I have a domain installed/setup on my Nethserver and I have users setup as well on Nethserver. I tried logging in with one of my test userid’s in to Nextcloud and was met with an error that wasn’t all that descriptive.

so I logged in using the local admin account for Nextcloud and in the Admin section I looked up my LDAP/AD Integration settings. I see an error here that says my Configuration Incorrect?

I had installed Nextcloud 10 on a previous version of Nethserver and I had no issues with LDAP integration Does the new version of Nextcoud 11 need tweaking by me before I can use my domain users?

Any advice or pointers on where I can fix this problem would be appreciated.

What is the error?

What is your account provider? AD or LDAP? Local or remote?

Hello @davidep,

That is the error I see:

Configuration Incorrect

On my LDAP settings in Nextcloud.

When I select the button to ‘Detect Base DN’ I see another error that says:

The Base DN appears to be wrong

My account provider is nethserver AD. I’ve setup a domain on my Nethserver. I’ve confirmed that my domain is working because I’ve joined a Windows 7 test VM to my domain and successfully logged in with a user I created in Nethserver.

Previously (on an earlier server…not this nethserver I’m using now) when I installed Nextcloud 10 through Nethserver my LDAP was auto setup for me in Nextcloud and I was able to use my users with no changes required to my Nextcloud.

Thank you.

I thought I would dig a bit deeper on my problem. found a thread on the forum related to LDAP and Nextcloud and it said to issue this instruction:

sudo -u apache /usr/bin/php /usr/share/nextcloud/occ ldap:show-config

so I did on my Nethserver server and I received the following message:

This version of nextcloud requires at least PHP 5.6.0
You are currently running 5.4.16. Please update your PHP version.

I had thought that the install of Nextcloud through nethserver would have upgraded my PHP version. Is this not the case?

Thank you.

No, the PHP default version is still 5.4 (upstream). NextCloud 11 runs under php-fpm with PHP 5.6 from scl repo, in a sandboxed environment.

This is how occ runs:

Thank you @davidep for this reply. good to know that PHP is not the issue.

But clearly something has happened with my LDAP settings when Nextcloud was installed on my Nethserver. Any idea why this would happen? And what I need to do to set the setting correct?

Thank you.

Any ERROR or FAIL string in /var/log/messages?

Try to run again

signal-event nethserver-nextcloud-update 

…and check the logs.

Hello @davidep, I will take a look at the logs and see if the signal-event solves anything.

Couple of questions for you…

1. When Nextcloud was installed by Nethserver, the LDAP settings were automatically setup during the install. What is the password that is used for LDAP? Is this my root password for my Nethserver?
  2. Where do I find the DN Name on Nethserver?

Thank you.