New NethServer Site brainstorming

Hi guys!
What a beautiful topic :heart_eyes:
I swear: when I have a minute at the office, I’ll share with you some screenshots of the new interface of pay products page - that’s the first of restyling list because it’s really ugly :dizzy_face:
I agree with the most of your opinions and I also have some of mine about the site, so when I’ll be in front of big pC (and not of little smartphone like now) I’d like to share those with you!

4 Likes

Good luck @Alessia :wrench::nut_and_bolt::hammer:

Your good energy is contagious, so this is your team!

Any doubt calls for help by this digital window.

4 Likes

:joy: :joy: @apradoc: brother walrus says the truth! :innocent:

That’s the only one reason because the new interface is not still online!
Well, however the desktop view is already done; so…here’s some previous:

Main page:

Compare details page:

Now I must do responsive interface, for all devices, and insert the right images: into the banner in main page and where missing in details page.

What’s your opinion about this? Any suggestions?

---- EDIT ----
I had forgot to say that’s not my only idea. I’m now coding it with HTML, CSS and a little bit of JQUERY, but the project was designed by a group of good people (and also @alefattorini was here).

2 Likes

I Love it @Alessia

1 Like

@m.traeumner @SkintArtist would you mind taking a look at @Alessia screenshots?

Hello colleague :sunglasses:

So the information is very clear, direct and precise. I like it!

Most importantly, it is at first sight. From the home page.

That sample, those who opt for the version Community, as far as they can get

Responsive interface…Responsive Design…:grinning:
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CZIZ5XFW0AAwOqH.mp4

4 Likes

Ahahahahahah!!! Exactly!! :joy:

I’m gonna be crazy doing this job! :tired_face: :grin:

2 Likes

I think the over all design looks great!

1 Like

Personnally, I like each of these subsites:

http://www.nethservice.it/?lang=en

:wink:

3 Likes

I’m sorry @Jim but I totally disagree.

At the first look, those sites are: “Wow, how professional!”, but after 2 seconds you’ll probably close the page as quickly as possible.
I’ll try to be clear.

Example one: NethVoice

• The images of carousel are too much full of colors, and the texts over there are finally hidden.

Can you really read the text “Find out more”?

• The global navigation is inconsistent.
    Where are the main concept and features of nethvoice product?
    There’re only information about(in order):

• Partners (that in the most of the cases it’s useless because…): you had maybe read only the home-page and are you already interested to be our partner? But, you don’t have a idea about product features!

• Community: that redirect to Nethserver.org. But where the f***k am I now? Why am I not still on the netvoice product page?
    In this case you’ve already lost your client, but if you’d like to continue…

• About us: Nice, but not so important to have third position in global navigation menu.

• Contact: Well. This is the most horrible! Do I really see repeated info?!

Now, I think that it could probably better dividing the menu in two parts:

• The main menu, with all informations about the product and the company that made it (and its contact).
  • The second menu, with the same sections that are now there.

The navigation menu has also a transparent background when fixed, than its texts are hidden by bottom elements.

• Home: it’s totally my opinion, but I think that it gives really few info than the real beautiful of product.
    In the bottom are also the link to other products pages but their logo images (that have no meanings) are too big and distract from the real important content, i.e. the core of product.

There are also the link to show the features of products, but why are those only in home page?
The links open a new page with another ugly navigation menu, that not scroll with the page, and that haven’t a real coherent formatting.

• Another big problem is the feedback to user:

I’m now in the contact page, but nothing on the screen remind me that - I’m arrived here through the click on button in another section of site, so I don’t know what’s the way to arrive it.

Finally, there are others problems in this structure -but now I have no time to analyze them- and all of products subsites have the same structure. One wrong is the wrong of all.

I’d like to know your opinion about my review.
My hope to not offend anyone. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A lot of insights, @Alessia thanks for sharing :slight_smile: but let’s not get off the track here, we were discussing our New NethServer site trying to collect some ideas.
Please let us move forward along this path. we already covered a lot of ground!

Strange… I said that I like subsites. And you are disagree…:wink:

I agree that the Nethesis policy about their products need to be improve, better defined, as profesional products and be more diferenciated from the community, to avoid confusion.

But, each subsite are good in the way that the product is presented in one page, and there only a scrolling to do… Nothing more, like a parallax site :wink:
The disign is the same on smartphone, tablet and screen computer…
You understand I don’t like responsive design :smile:

Edit: let’s focus on the Nethserver.org site :smile_cat:

1 Like

Oh, yes! Sorry, I drag myself by enthusiasm!:grin: It’s clear I’m really newbie also in community world.
I’d like to summirize previous reply with “I think those sites aren’t good examples to chase”.

Anyway… [quote=“Jim, post:33, topic:3751”]
Strange… I said that I like subsites. And you are disagree…:wink:
[/quote] @Jim
…This is WAR!!:persevere:

:joy: Well, I’m joke, but I agree with your love for one page and parallax sites.

I really don’t know how the web design involve in the next future, but a one page site for nethserver could be a good idea.
We could put in evidence:

• the quality of NS, with a brief overview about its best advantages -and why not?!- with a small animated video that explanain why choose NS! (Like this → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78MGzBNHn8k // without pen but with its strategy of communication)
  • the existence of usable documentation and a demo (together), that are really “cushy services”.
  • the testimonials, that explain in few words the value of NS.
  • the big big community that sustain itself with strength.

Finally, for the others options like download or blog ect. it could be nice to apply one or max two widgets at interface -like the most user friendly mobile apps- to give it a familiar perceptions and to simplify the navigations.

What are your opinions?:relaxed:

3 Likes

Hi Alessia,

First, IMO, you do a great job! Congratulations! For you and for all those who saw the need for this job: your job!

Second,

Not small but shorter than that! :laughing:
It’s too long! It’s boring! Remember what did you said:

“At the first look, … “Wow, how professional!”, but after … seconds you’ll probably close the … as quickly as possible.”

Keep going!
Gabriel

I lol’d, and was afraid.

It’s not a war…
Here, it’s a cool place to change and exchange opinions, and points of view :smile:

Just take advices that look good, and go to the right direction ( or at least seem good) and do the job with your idea.:wink:

Remind that we are not judge, we are not in a concourse.
We are here to give you good recipes, … You are here to analize, assemble, and make the best site as you can :grinning:

4 Likes

Hi Alessia,
the disign looks good, but I think a customer who wants to use it in a big company wants to know where to get the product, what are the Support-Times, for example 7/24, and where to get the support.

In my company we have discussed and analyzed the situation on NethServer 24/7 specialized support or other system.

Our community provides the best support, but there are companies that require customers a dedicated support.

4 Likes

I suggest you contact Nethesis sales and ask this questions :slight_smile:
We’re just talking about the site here!

Great idea, keep us updated! Maybe opening another thread