Nethserver7 Sogo and/or WebTop?

Good morning,

excuse me, my english is not perfect, cause I’m a german and “old” (63)
have some questions about future of nethserver7, read much about, but not shore - can be missunderstanding :

• support of sogo under nethserver 7 is not able, because sogo changed licence ? right ?
  • nethserver 7 comes without sogo - substiute is webtop ?
  • WebTop-Desktop only in english - I never found german view ?
  • HOW TO UPGRADE FROM NETHSERVER6.8+SOGO >> NETHSERVER7+WEBTOP and this all in GERMAN ??

Or is it possible to maried neth7 + sogo2.3.10 ?

Thank you for answers to understand !

SOGo is available on NethServer 7 but it’s future maintenance was not clear until recently.
Thanks to @mark_nl SOGo is in the works as a community effort.

About migration from SOGo to webtop I think the @dev_team will take care of it.

I don’t know about the language issue, but I’m sure soon you will get an answer to that.

2 Likes

from what I recall a script already exists, but for now there is no carddav and caldav management in webtop4, it is planned for webtop5.

2 Likes

Yes, they are here:

Sorry but there’s no way to translate it in German at the moment :frowning: /cc @gabriele_bulfon @lucag

2 Likes

I add that it is documented about http://docs.nethserver.org/en/latest/webtop4.html#importing-from-sogo the use of the migration script from SOGo to Webtop

2 Likes

Actually there would be a way: we may provide all the properties file to be translated.
Once we have them back we may include them in an update and add support for it.

2 Likes

Ciao gabriele,
sorry for the late response. Would you mind put them there? https://www.transifex.com/
Our members are already very at ease with such tool, it would permit us to be very productive right now.
@davidep and @giacomo @lucag might help you to create a new project and submit files

@gabriele_bulfon, Transifex supports the Java props file format, too!

@gabriele_bulfon @alefattorini @davidep

I’m not sure we can do it:

Open Source projects are ones with publicly available source codes licensed under an OSI-approved license, such as GPL or BSD. In order to translate an Open Source project on Transifex, you’ll be asked to provide the following:

A link to your project’s code repository.
The repository must contain a LICENSE file stating your project’s license type.

From Transifex Help Center

1 Like

We are going to use Transifex for Webtop5, but not for Webtop4.

Webtop5 source repository is going to be online within today.

9 Likes

This is really really a very good news!! :tada:
KUDOS! :clap: :clap:

1 Like