NethServer Support Program Feedback

Of course! Disabled

…shutup and take my money!! :slight_smile:

This looks solid, when can I order?

small note: have a fluid English speaking person proofread the text, there are some minor bugs in the English :wink: Italian shines through, which is not a bad thing per se :smiley:

I have read this thread at least 2 times now but still don’t get it. Sorry, I must be having a blond moment… :worried:

When we are talking about this new support subscription, for EUR48,- per year, with a ticket price of EUR100,- per incident…
I understand that support is being given through community forums. So, we, the community members are the ones who do the support on this subscription?
Then, who receives the EUR100,- for solving a problem? What if multiple members add to the problem solving? Or will the EUR100,- be for the benefit of the community? Or will there be a separate section where only ‘official’ (who?) community members can access to help out with a problem?

I do like the idea of becoming an official ‘problem solver’, but IMO there must be some kind of guarantee that questions that are asked with a EUR100,- cost from the support contract, get solved by people that know what they are doing. In other words: I think there should be proof of NethServer knowledge by passing some kind of certification (track)?
I have been working to create such a track, but I must admit that I got stuck halfway.

At the moment I have a hard time understanding the structure of the community support program. Or should I see it as ‘giving back to the community’ as a support contract instead of a donation?
Anyone care to explain?

1 Like

As far as I read it, payed support will be done by Nethesis, not community members? Did I read wrong?

Edit: I did …

4. Community support for the Crostino Subscription is done via the community platform at http://community.nethserver.org

I would suspect that we will be making the project money with our already free help, and the benefit of this subscription is merely the stable repo. I would expect Nethserver reps to make sure these questions get answers in due time.

…that was my original request: find a way for me to support you guys without resorting to donations, us being a business.

Yes, as far as I understand it, we do the standard community support, which is really high level IMO but when it comes to an incident you may pay 100€ and get professional Nethesis support which then may include SSH in and solve really complex problems in time, working hours on a case which then slightly differs from community support though I sometimes rebuild scenarios to help people which is similar just without SSH but maybe not in time of 1 day.

This would also fit to pricing where you pay 248 € for Crostino including 2 incidents, so you may tend to Lasagna which is available for 250 € including 3 incidents/support tickets.

It is still interesting to have a kind of certified community members or maybe a second level community support, I don’t know. If you need some (technical) support on that just ping me.

3 Likes

I think this would work very well especially for those who don’t know NethServer or Linux very well or who need a good “fallback” to make management happy that there is a certain level of official support if and when its required.

What does concern me (and forgive me if this has already been discussed), is when someone pays for a support incident for something which can be quite easily and quickly solved by the community members (eg. setting up or troubleshooting certain type of firewall rules for example which may not be in the documentation and should be) - how does that information flow back to the community and/or the documentation get updated with the relevant information? Or is that information “locked away” and only available through Paid Support?

I can also see the flip side of that coin of “if I have paid EUR100 for example for a support case, is it fair for the solution to be made freely available to the community for anyone to then use?”.

I think that this is something which needs to be made clear for everyone.

1 Like

Hahahaha, Alessio I think you’re pretty much focused on food-names. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But on the photo you look pretty slim, so I ask myself…photoshop? :joy::joy:

O.k. joke aside:
I think it’s o.k. so. Maybe add a “Grissini” support for 0€ with only community support just for clearness that there is a clomplete free variant?

Yes I think it is, because everyone should benefit from everyone. The one that had already paid can also benefit from another payed solution. So over the time it can work similar to an insurance. With the time many have paid a little, but there are a lot of solutions.

4 Likes

@planet_jeroen and @mrmarkuz have already answered correctly.
Even if community support is AMAZING, it has some limits and it’s based just on volunteers’ effort.
An Enterprise Support Subscription offered by Nethesis will cover:

• critical installations
  • installations with many users
  • issues that need a direct access to the server (via SSH or webUI)
  • issues that need a prompt and decisive solutions

A lot of users here (especially businesses) are willing to pay for that and asked that many times.
That said, Crostino plan offers just the possibility to open an Incident to the Enterprise Support (as someone already suggested here) an Enterprise repository with slow updates and an asset portal for all your (subscribed) NethServer installations
Is it clearer now?

That’s a good point, as for now Enterprise Support cases are not open to everyone.

Thanks for the clarification

Alesion The crostino plan Has or doesn’t have the stable repositories? that is what the people needs!!!

Stable updates please!!!

It has stable/slow updates:

And on subscription webpage you can see it more clearly:

grafik

4 Likes

The stable updates is a big plus. And I think that only would already justify the subscription…

5 Likes

Ok guys is a typo: Secure Updates except for the Crostino Plan.

I’m waiting to offer this Crostino plan, lots of people that had suffer updates in SME server will be persuaded to migrate Nethserver.

here is coming the good times again.

Thanks for the heads-up, I’m correcting it.

I’m working again on the name and looks like “NethServer Subscriptions” is easier to understand.
Using the word “Enterprise” could generate confusion, it’s not a different product just services on NethServer.
Using the word “Support” it’s not enough, it doesn’t explain why Monitoring tools and Stable Updates Repository are included in the plans.
What do you think?

3 Likes

I agree: the word “Enterprise” with NethServer appeals to another context (BTW i think we must change that page, or replace it with the service we’re planning here).

As usual Proxmox web site is a source of inspiration: from their home “Get subscription” points to “Subscription plans”, where they states:

A Proxmox VE Subscription is an additional service program designed to help IT professionals and businesses to keep their Proxmox VE deployments up-to-date. It also provides access to professional support services: You get access to the Proxmox VE Enterprise repository with stable software updates and security enhancements, as well as to technical support and other services.

…it seems that “NethServer subscription (+plans?)” can work.

1 Like

34 posts were split to a new topic: NethServer Subscriptions Page Feedback

Since I have released the page I would close that brainstroming and open a new discussion on that page

1 Like