NethServer Modules Short/Long Term Roadmap

Want share with you this short/long term roadmap.
We will continue to update this as we encounter more ā€œyes, weā€™re probably going to do that, but I canā€™t tell you exactly whenā€ feature requests.

Short-Term (aka next months)

• Radius Server
  • Adagios + OCSInventory + Nagios
  • FreePBX-Asterisk
  • New groupware based on WebTop project
  • NethServer 7 alpha

Long Term (aka hope within this year)

• FreeIPA

3 Likes

maybe the alpha is not so farā€¦

Should I move it on short term list? :smiley:

Move it wherever you want :slight_smile: Itā€™s on the first position of my TODO list, but I donā€™t know if something else will become the first in the meanwhile.

I am extremely interested in the short-term projects. I use a SIP based phone infrastructure already and will be interested in Asterisk.

I am also intrigue in the Web Top project. I have had experiance with a number of OSS based groupware projects (Egroupware, Kolab, Open-Xchange, Horde etc.) but nether heard of Web Top (at least until now)

I can see that Web Top could be a viable alternative for both ownCloud (document storage) and SoGO (general groupware / exchange usage).

I also would like to see some sort of audit module and can see that the combination of Adagios, OCSInventory and Nagios could be a good solution.

Quick question, is the development team only looking at Nagios or is there any consideration to incorporate Icinga?

2 Likes

I moved 6 posts to a new topic: WebTop groupware on NethServer

NethServer 7 alpha moved on short term :smile:

We have a bit of expertise on nagios, so itā€™s a favorite, but we are open to alternatives.
Some of us have experimented (and liked) with sensu.

another good alternative to nagios is zabbix http://www.zabbix.com/

1 Like

Iā€™m starting the nethserver-adagios package implementation

Thatā€™s a great news!! :smiley: Way to go @davidep