NethServer Conference in Italy, Sept 29-30 2017

It would be amazing man :slight_smile: so many Zentyal users will be glad to attend your talk.
@MarianH @Rustie @icebal @robb @drivemeca @douglasdiasn @Zoltan_Polyak @panzerphreak @tchenier @greavette @Tom @firsttiger @jrab66 @cswain @MrE @wombat77 @christian

2 Likes

By the way,all is still working fine and except the nextcloud problem, which you solved brilliantly we had no real problems so far at all in a real life situation

1 Like

@iglqut: I will be delighted to meet you in Italy! I do hope more community members will join and apply to do a talk about their experiences with NethServer and Opensource.

2 Likes

Yup, i have GLPI installed in two of my nethserver firewalls around the world :astonished: lol! :slight_smile: i know it works pretty well. I have openfire on ClearOS too, it works pretty well.

I know it is possible, but i would love some integration in the “software center” of them, to make them “officially” supported :smiley: , i´m just giving some ideas… thats all, i know it is a LOT to do, documentation and all, but i think thats something really good that people can enjoy.

(The Offspring - Now that’s something everyone can enjoy!)

And for the Cloud integration, all i´ve seen is a Dropbox integration in NextCloud and it does not allow me to put sync my fileserver files there, what i meant was a native integration for the fileserver. I´m currently testing OneDrive-D OneDrive Free Client and GitHub - xybu/onedrive-d-old: Microsoft OneDrive client on Linux.

Already booked a room- comin’with my wife- looking forward to see you! :grin:

2 Likes

I’d like to discuss and start development of NethServer 8!

3 Likes

This is talking :slight_smile:

:yum: what do you think @stephdl ? @davidep any specific topic? How can we organize such discussion?

Development

1. A framework for NethServer 8 User Interface
    evaluate alternatives to Nethgui
  2. esmith library for NethServer 8
    evolution of the events/templates system in the systemd era
3 Likes

Italy here we come.
My wife and me will be at the NethServer conference! Flight and rooms are booked.
We decided to go for an extra day so we will arrive Wednesday 27th September at Ancona Airport and Monday 2nd October we will return to Belgium.

We will be staying in Gabicce-Mare, about 4km from Gradara, where the conference will be held.
I am still unsure how we will do local transportation. If we can get a ride from anyone there, it would be highly appreciated.

6 Likes

Of course, I will be your driver! :wink:

2 Likes

Some updates on the NethServer Conference.

• Flight: we suggest to book your flights as soon as possible choosing Bologna as destination
  • From Bologna you can reach the Nethesis Partner meeting’s location in Riccione by train
  • We’re gathered some hotel options for you! We’re working on special prices. Please stay tuned!
  • On the basis of the numbers of attendees we will arrange transportations from Riccione (Nethesis Meeting) to Cattolica (NethServer Conference)
  • Italian attendees can easily reach both locations by car. There are free car parks near them.
  • Call for paper is opened: Click here to submit a proposal
    @robb @iglqut @davidep :top:
  • Registrations are going to be opened soon
3 Likes

Proposal is sent. I am really looking forward to this. I have been in Zaragoza for a similar event and it just is golden to be able to attend. This will be a great experience.

3 Likes

Italian attendees can easily reach both locations by car. There are free car parks near them.

Where?
The location in Riccione wants money to park the car inside its own parking :stuck_out_tongue:
And around Riccione location the streets are all fee parking :euro: :euro: :euro:

Parking at Cattolica/Gradara/Fanano location is free (at least last time I was there).
And the place is well worth it!

:smiley:

2 Likes

Book your flights folks! @ambassadors_group
On the first post I’m collecting a possible list of topics to address.

1 Like

Happy to announce the first day Conference venue in Riccione: [Palacongressi]
(http://www.palariccione.com/en/home-2/)

Check also: http://www.nethesis.it/neth2017partner/

1 Like

So send the Abstract- our Admin (He’ll come by boat!!!) and I will join the meeting and do some co-speeching with a open source presentation tool (no powerpointing)- we’re already a little bit nervous about that. Hopefully will be interesting. We’ll need approximately 30-45min for the presentation- two parts. Will there be a discussion afterwards?

2 Likes

Yeah! I saw your request, interesting topic. I can’t wait to attend your talk :slight_smile:
I hope that other will follow your example, we need your contributions! :slight_smile:

Sure!

@Ctek at the NethServer Conference! I can’t wait to meet you again :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know if it enters the “Breaking News” section :joy: but we are looking forward to see you all again.

3 Likes

I’m going to open the registrations this week, stay tuned :slight_smile:

1 Like