Multiple, separate domains email server

Hi to All @giacomo @filippo_carletti @alefattorini @GG_jr @davidep !

Those Solution was for 2.3.8 branch

for 3.0.1 branch it is more simple:

--- /etc/e-smith/templates/sogo-config/20user_source_ldap       2015-10-05 17:11:52.000000000 +0300
+++ ./20user_source_ldap        2016-02-16 02:51:53.036406615 +0200
@@ -8,8 +8,9 @@
            id = users;
            type = ldap;
            CNFieldName = cn;
-           IDFieldName = uid;
+           IDFieldName = mail;
            UIDFieldName = uid;
+           bindFields = (mail);
            canAuthenticate = YES;
            bindDN = "cn=sogo,dc=directory,dc=nh";
            bindPassword = "$ldapPassword";
3 Likes

How about per domain provisioning ? It is not so complicated.

Oh my God

/var/lib/sogo/GNUstep/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults

@giacomo maybe /etc/sogo/sogo.conf is more habitual ?

Yes it is, but they changed the configuration syntax/file/db at least 2 times.
I don’t know if it worth it to switch again to the config file. GNUStep is hugly, but for now it works.
Few days ago @davidep said he wanted to switch to sogo.conf…who knows! :smile:

2 Likes

I think it’s a better idea!

How to hide (disable) “mail users” (Global Address Book) on SOGo 2.3.8 (update to this version of SOGo from Software center beginning from today - Thank you @giacomo ! :smiley: ):

Prerequisites:

1. Edit: /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/sogo-config/20user_source_ldap

and change line 25 (isAddressBook)

to: isAddressBook = NO;

1. signal-event nethserver-sogo-update

2 Likes

I show you this scenario, but it is not so good. Just workaround

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, nice workaround!

1 Like

Hi Nas,

I know that. It’s just for hide Global Address Book to all email domains.

I just wanted to share this. Maybe there are and others who want to use NS in this configuration.

I show you that I use this on Zentyal, from about two years ago.
On Zentyal I knew how to do this but here, without your knowledge I didn’t know.

yes it is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@stephdl thank you for supporting me :wink:

I support you too!
That’s why, a novice like me could make some changes easy on Zentyal!

The principle will be the same, some templates to /etc/sogo/sogo.conf however for a quick modification, you can tweak directly the sogo.conf files, of course only for testing purpose.

Testing NS7/SOGov3 found out the sogo-tool is relying on sogo.conf…

So there are more reasons to move, could it be possible to get together as an community and tackle this this?

Yes! Love this approach. @davidep would you put us on the right track?

It’s getting OT, so better to split this off;

I’ve got an idea how to involve novice’s like me to do this;

make an testing/dev rpm with /etc/e-smith/events/nethserver-sogo-update/templates2expand/etc/sogo/sogo.conf;
and a template sogo.conf containing standard (//marked out) content.

So nothing chances, but we thinker’s can make a custom (perl) template and test this by moving GNUstep-default out of the way .

You can do it by your own :wink:

cc; @alefattorini, @giacomo, @davidep, @filippo_carletti

Hi guys,

Regarding this goal (Multiple, “partial separate” domains email server), I have a question to you.

I intend to unify my Zentyal Email Server (Multiple, “partial separate” domains email server) with the new NethServer 6.7 Email Server (for now, totally about 120 email domains with about 250 email accounts, and I hope to grow).

My question is how will be the upgrade to NS 7 which came with some new things?

The email server will have no PDC or/and AD Integration, no Shared Folders - Samba, just email hosting, and will be placed in DMZ.
Because of that, it’s better to start with the new NS7 even if is Alpha version and I think that for this task everything it’s OK with this version, or to use NS 6.7 and the upgrade will be easy?
All clients use POP3, so all emails are on desktops, so the only problem could be with the transfer of the email accounts, user accounts and passwords.
The web email is SOGo.

TIA,
Gabriel

I think nobody knows how it will be at this moment.

It’s too early to talk about ns7 on production… the upgrade path is unknown.

Did you evaluate an alternative, mail-oriented solution (like iRedMail)? NethServer is all-in-one, thus it could not be the right choice for your 120 mail domains scenario…

Hi Davide,

Thank you for your answer!

1. OK.
  2. OK.
  3. I have tried iRedMail. It’s better than Zentyal and NS for this task because is multiple complete separate domains email server, but the admin interface is poor (at least the free version). I used AXIGEN, but is free for maximum 100 email accounts, regardless of the number of domains.
    And I need an Open Source solution.
    And I like NS.
    And I will stay on NS 6.7 and will see what will be to do at that moment (the upgrade to NS 7). The administration of domains and email accounts is made by me and not by the customers.

Gabriel

1 Like