NethServer Version: NethServer release 7.3.1611

Hi

I have nethserver installed as a VM on Proxmox

I have got nethserver running:
Email server
Active Directory
Sogo
Domain Controller

I have various physical disks in standalone & RAID arrays which have been mounted and can be seen in my proxmox installation.

What I would like to do now is mount these drives to create a file sharing server using SAMBA. Ideally I would also like to create a logon script to map these drives as well as reconfigure the home drive so it is on one of these drives instead of the servers hard drive.

Is this a possibility?

Excuse my ignorance and I thank you in advance for any assistance you may have. I have looked around for documentation on this, I did expect to find something in the nethserver documentation but either I am overlooking it or I am missing something.

You can do it, but you need to configure it by hand.
All samba shares are saved inside /var/lib/nethserver/ibay.

Regarding the home drive, every user home will be mounted to Z: by default.
You can change it using net ads command inside the AD container.

There are many ways to accomplish this. It all depends what process you want to be in charge of the disks/volumes you have. If proxmox must be in charge, you can define them as volumes in proxmox and then use them as partitions in NethServer. If you want NethServer VM to be in charge you can VTd the disks to the NethServer install. Then only the NethServer VM can use them.

1 Like

Hi Thanks for the replies.
I do have all my drives mounted in proxmox and can see them in the proxmox gui. I guess I want to share some of the drives partitions with nethserver so i can create ibays from them.
I would like to be able to control the permissions for the shared folders on those partitions with nethserver AD So I guess it would be most logical to have nethserver control the partitions.
How do I mount the partitions to nethserver and create ibays from folders on those partitions.
When I logon to my domain in nethserver in a windows environment my home folder do not map automatically do I need to create a startup script to map the home directory?
Thank you