Introducing new members on community - 14 Dec 15

Happy Monday NethServer Tribe
this community continues to grow organically week after week. Not too fast, not too slow, and we’re at almost 600 members!
I’m incredibly proud of this community and how helpful and respectful everyone here is. We rarely have to moderate and this is genuinely one of the most giving groups I’ve ever been a part of. Thank you for being awesome!

Now let’s welcome our new members! Every week we take a minute to give all of you who are new to this group (22 new members!) a chance to introduce yourselves: @drivemeca @lehnhart @jmrubio71 @Doug_Hall @Amman @logan @rahul.dhakan @pixel31 @wdriosz @Mepata @Chad_Hull @ppulli @Linux4All @OpenSolution_srl @ctm @Giovanni_Bono @trouble @liberflash @angel.panayotov @raesene @zl4pro @rossano_clementi

Please share with us:

• Who are you?
  • What you’re working on?
  • What brings you to NethServer!
  • What interesting software do you have found lately? How you spent your free time?
  • Do you have already tested/installed NethServer?
  • If you haven’t read it yet please give a look to our Top Discussions and the Getting Started Topic

3 Likes

Welcome all to this community.

1 Like

WoW… Large group of new members!
All be very welcome. If you need help: Don’t hesitate to ask, privately or in the forums. (preferably in the forums so the whole community can help AND learn.)

1 Like

Welcome to all the brothers to the Nethserver tribe.

I made a list with the location of some for … anything jejejej

@drivemeca Colombia
@Doug_Hall UK
@lehnhart Brazil
@jmrubio71 Guatemala
@Amman Pakistan
@logan Italy
@rahul.dhakan India
@pixel31 Chile
@wdriosz Colombia
@Mepata Portugal
@Chad_Hull USA
@Linux4All Germany
@ppulli —
@OpenSolution_srl Italy
@ctm Australia
@Giovanni_Bono Italia
@trouble Sweden
@liberflash Venezuela
@angel.panayotov UK
@raesene UK
@zl4pro Portugal
@rossano_clementi —

You should be happy, 6 new members from south America :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for the welcome. I will try briefly to make my presentation.

My name is Manuel Cabrera Caballero, I’m Cuban and I live more than 17 years ago in Bogota Colombia, my second homeland.
Working with Linux since kernel 1.0 thanks to a Swiss who visited my country and introduced me to slackware. After working with debian, redhat, fedora, CentOS, Ubuntu, etc.
Currently I have a motorcycle accessories store and a travel agency with my wife maintaining systems with open source solutions. When I’m not traveling by motorbike I investigate new open source systems, so reach nethserver.
have some clients who would I offer consultations, keep a blog of opensource (drivemeca.blogspot.com).
In short, I am a faithful follower of open source. I hope to support the community in my spare time.

7 Likes

Hi Guys,

Thanks for warm welcome!

I am Rahul Dhakan from Ahmedabad, India. I have been working on Linux and Open Source since 10+ years and now exclusively working on Linux systems integration with cloud especially Amazon web services.

I am using SonicWall at my head office which has 300+ users and using PfSense at other two branch office where we are having 70+ & 20+ users respectively. I am using PfSense since 3 years however facing issue when using it in combination of MultiWAN & Proxy + squidguard filter so have tried different option and seems like NethServer worth to try.

Currently exploring NethServer for production and let you know result shortly. I am again thankful to everyone and wish a successful day !

Regards,

Rahul Dhakan

7 Likes

Welcome to the community Manuel! And a great howto (in Spanish) http://drivemeca.blogspot.be/2015/12/como-instalar-nethserver-paso-paso.html

2 Likes

Thank you for the welcome.

I am Benjamin from Germany and 34 years old. I am currently working on replacing my opensuse system with an appliance solution like nethserver. Easier updating is one of the goals I would like to achieve. The next one is using features for which I do have to completely understand the configuration. So I tested some distributions as you can read here.
Hopefully Nethserver can give me all that things I need. :slight_smile: But still now all is very fine.

3 Likes

Happy New Year everyone. Benjamin, welcome! thank you for giving NethServer a spin and yes, hopefully NethServer satisfies your needs. Community’s here to help you out.

Are You doing this at home or at your company?

I am doing this at my home network.

2 Likes