Introducing new member on community - 16 May 06

Hello NethServerians!
It’s going to be a GREAT week. Hope you’re all off to good starts. :horse_racing:

Just a quick note on [Education Team Meeting] (https://blab.im/rob-bosch-nethserver-education-team2) (with @robb @syntaxerrormmm @apradoc) it’s scheduled on 19th May, 20.00 CEST.

I heavily suggest you subscribe and watch it :slight_smile: It’s going to be definitely cool!

Now I’m about to welcome all of our new 15 members to the community so if you’re new here, get ready to introduce yourself!
Every Monday we take a moment to show you some love, and give you a chance to say hello to the community.

Please comment below and tell us:

• What brings you to NethServer?
  • What specifically are you working on at the moment?

Looking at you:

I’m welcoming in particular 2 people, with which I had contact outside the community of NethServer.

@yakman000- we are going to connect this evening to explain our solution (he asked for advices, I plan to show him our implementation, see here for references);
@paspo- he’s a fellow BgLUG member and a valid technician; he helped us fixing a pair of issues in our implementation and already patched some parts of the project to allow for NFS sharing and Proxy usage within client setup phase.

Welcome guys :wink:

1 Like

Hello to all,
Nice community here, thank you guys!

Welcome aboard and thanks for your reply :golfer:
Just a few questions, what brings you to NethServer? What specifically are you working on at the moment?

I’m looking for alternatives to my Firewall UTM and NethServer looks great. When i have time im going to make a try. I’m a network administrator for a small bussines.

Which model? Pfsense? Endian? Or something else?

Endian!

Hi folks.
Thanks!
After some time using Pfsense I’m looking for a alternative, i found Nethserver and think its interface/ features looks great, I’m IT manager on a medium size company/store.
I got some trouble to “migrate” my scenario from Pfsense, so if anyone can light me up on my topic will be well appreciate.

Hello, in the 2014 we were working with zentyal 3.5. @apradoc can to this comunity for something better. For now, we are working with proxmox VE 4.1 pfsense freenas debian 8 for wep app, and ubuntu 14,04 for zoonminder and clonezilla.

1 Like

Hello folks!

I’m familiar with: KVM, Cobbler, Centos6/7, Nagios, OMD, EFW but these are only 20% of my tasks job…I’m working on other items.

Like volunteer I’m working to school and patronage.
I’m testing Nethserver to use that like a central central server on a classroom setup. I’ve already created two Linux classrooms based on a mine customized version of Edubuntu 14, the second one has requested a centralized authentication , therefore I’m looking around to a simple-we-based solution to setup this server, and make my life easy for the maintenance. Also the roaming files could be really good… syntaxerrormmm has made a great job with BGlug I’m looking into that solution.

Please, fell free to point me out other guides/wiki more than the regular manuals to achieve this goals.

Keep me updated on all activities related to educational projects.

Thanks,
Cheers,
-Mauro

Hello guys welcome here.
@josean7link which plans do you have for NethServer? Are you trying to move from Zentyal to NethServer?

@yakman000
Which guides are you looking for? Some particular topic?
You should join up the Education Team meeting tomorrow! And say hi to our team :slight_smile:

1 Like

To tell the truth I am still not sure about that, I like the work you guys have here and biggest problem is the time I will need for study the platform from scratch. Ask me again in three to six months.

:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

@apradoc will be very sad. But I know he is working overtime to have NS in our project. How known and he do what I can’t

1 Like

Hi my broth

Don’t worry be hippie! …
I am very proud, satisfied and happy with your presence in this tribe. In addition, you come from the Caciquitxs tribe.

I sleep less to dream more. That’s true because I fell in love the school intranet project and admire and respect each person which make it possible, but also love and appreciate the solidarity and support reciprocated - both the project and to me - from this community.

With a community like this :game_die: is very difficult to have time to be sad.

@yakman000 Brother. Welcome!
We expect tomorrow at 14 hrs VET / 20 hrs CEST :hourglass_flowing_sand:
(In Blab is better if you use Chrome/Chromium browser)

Tribal hug

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: A look at Nethservangelization for my people

I love this because every night I try to help my son fall asleep :baby:
I can say that now I am able to dream more

1 Like