HowTo manage NS AD with RSAT on Win7 or Win10?

I just used SME9 als PDC and could manage Windows Users and Shares in the Server-Manager…
I was able to map the Shares when users logged on with a contrib…

I need the same functionality now on NS7, is NS AD a full replacement for MS AD?

I played a bit with RSAT on Win7, are there any HowTos or examples for RSAT and GPO?

I don’t know. No, I believe. However Samba 4 has some nice features.

There’s plenty of GPO howto in the Windows world! I hope some Windows sysadmin here could lend us an hand: @alefattorini can you give them a shout?

BTW this could be a starter

Did it work with netlogon.bat? IIRC it was addressed in

Yes! It sounds a great idea. We can start involving @enzoturri @mansoor.tariq @Hunv @NunoRomao @rolf @salvois @GG_jr @Ctek @dnutan @Renan_Azedo_de_Olive please share with us your experience :smiley:

I don’t know, because I don’t use NS as a DC.

That mainly depends of what you want to do. If you just want to configure GPOs, you just need to install RSAT and open the Group Policy Editor and connect to your DC. For GPOs… what do you want to do? In general you know what you want to configure and set the correct property or you set the registrykey directly.

1 Like

TNX Guys! I am busy this week, I will try it ASAP…

Please let us know about your achievements, we can write down a four-handed howto

OK, need some time…

Before i started to test NS7 i have successfuly used CentOS 7 as AD with RSAT on win7. You can do many things with that combo. Mapping shares is one of that but you can also disable many things with it for example usb ports Control panel network config etc. With NS7 it should be the same. There are many options in GPO but you can also manage users, groups and computers.

1 Like

Sounds very interesting. Could you please write down something about it? Just a few notes with screenshots, it would be awesome for all guys here.

Not a problem at all. I’ll do my best :slight_smile: