How to use CalDav to sync Calendar between WebTop and Thunderbird/Android?

NethServer Version: 7.3.1611
Module: Webtop

Hello @dev_team @webtop_team
I have been using ClearOS with Thunderbird and Android for my email, calendar and address book. ClearOS uses Caldav for Calendar syncing. I recently setup NethServer with Webtop, connected my device to neth. Emails syncs fine, but no calendar or address book sync. What can i do to sync my calendar with Webtop?

Hi, you need to use ActiveSync synchronization with WebTop. Caldav will be available later.

1 Like

I found this https://addons.mozilla.org/it/thunderbird/addon/tzpush/?src=search

Someone wants to try it?

1 Like

@dev_team @webtop_team
I dont really need CalDav if ActiveSync works works with WebTop. I am having Zero success connecting Android device to Webtop on Exchange/ActiveSync. I keep getting error Check Server Settings. Is there any documentation/instruction some sort on how to setup Activesync on Nethserver/Webtop? IMAP working fine with any device. But i would really like to setup Activesync so i can sync email and calendar both at the same time.

@lucag @webtop_team how can we help @wahmed? Any suggestion?

@webtop_team @dev_team

I am happy to report that I actually connected my Android device and Thunderbird successfully with Webtop. The problem was the SSL. I have a wildcard SSL from Comodo which i tried to install and thats what broke the connection. I did fresh install with default Nethserver self signed SSL and the IMAP/ActiveSync connection worked great.

Do i need to do something special to install my own SSL? Is there any instruction on installing 3rd party SSL properly?

1 Like

Hi, could you guide me on how to sync Webtop calendars with Thunderbird?

You can do it using the web interface, take a look here: The old Server Manager — NethServer 7 Final

I suggest to use Let’s Encrypt :wink:

I have successfully installed letsencrypt cert and can sync email, calendars, and contacts with my android phone. I can also sync email and contacts with Thunderbird but not calendars. Am I missing something?

AFAIK webtop doesn’t support calendar sync with TB, but i may be wrong.

@webtop_team any idea?

So it looks like sogo might be a better choice.

WebTop is designed to be accessed from web interface, and it works quite well.

This is my daily setup:

• mail and address book on TB
  • calendars on WebTop

@Tiago Caldav/CardDAV support is on the webtop roadmap.
https://nethserver.github.io/webtop5/

1 Like

I’ve seen the roadmap. Waiting for it.:slight_smile:

1 Like

@alefattorini are there any status updates? As I can see, in the webtop5 roadmap the point “CardDav/CalDav support” is crossed out. What does that mean? It’s already done or just “Is not done!”?

Good question @maddin I’m sure that the @webtop_team may have an answer for that

It means that the CardDAV/CalDav support has been removed from the roadmap.
AFAIK it was removed since there weren’t enough requests from customers, but I’m sure @nethcman and @webtop_team have a better answer.

We have to take into account many requests by the community as well. Just to mention some of them:

Add me to the requester list, I’d like to see my WebTop contacts under TB! :wink:

1 Like

CalDAV/CardDAV support is still on our internal roadmap.
Can’t say what happened to NS public document.

1 Like