How to improve community hangouts?

Ehi @robb @apradoc @syntaxerrormmm are you meeting up?

Yup, I’m right there :slight_smile:

Yep… waiting :bulb: Light!.. :movie_camera: Camera! … :clapper: ACTION!!

If anyone wants to join in, we leaved blab because @robb was not there :frowning: You may join on Jitsi.

2 Likes

Please summarize the meeting afterward for others :slight_smile:

Amazing metting!
Excelent opportunity @syntaxerrormmm. Nice to meet you
Brother @robb. We hope you are well.

• Among many interesting things, for education, the most important thing is to liberate our knowledge in other languages. So translate, translate and translate. From the Caciquitxs tribe in Venezuela we can contribute to the es -VE and es-ES. Sure some tutors will want to join this task. This is very important to provide comfortable support
  • Make a list of suggested applications
  • Keep informed tribe as will each of the experiences
  • Based on the experiences and expectations , prepare an agenda for the next meeting.

We addressed several areas but in this moment are closing the room from where I connect :runner:

Thanks to our tribu @alefattorini .

2 Likes

Nice to meet you too :slight_smile: I was astonished on the amount of work you are doing and the goals of your work, it is really awesome.

It was our first time on a video meeting from 2 different sides of the world, so we had good times talking each other about the project we have in our hands. @apradoc wins hands down :slight_smile:

@apradoc was the pragmatic one this time, and he clarified that he’s going to have soon a presentation in which he would love to show NethServer and propose it as a solution for his “School Intranet Server” project (spanish). We spoked briefly on his needs to some system integration and then he started listing some softwares he would need on NethServer to be able to provide a minimum of platform for his project:

• Jokte!, which is a fork of Joomla CMS;
  • Chamilo, which is an e-learning management system;
  • Kiwix which is Wikipedia offline, needed to support teaching and learning inside classes without internet connections.

As additional and future goals, he would integrate the following software to cope with the project needs (spanish):

He also shared links to the Canaima Linux which is the Venezuelan GNU/Linux distribution for clients and I was incidentally made aware of Taiga.io which seems a simplified but powerful project management system.

We then closed the meeting, saying that we would like to have another meeting to be more pragmatic and have a list of needs to be shared and agreed on for the Education Team. We agreed that it is fundamental to have an Educational category within the NethGui and we are grateful on the availability of Nethesis guys to be able to add it.

Hope this will suffice :wink:

Oh, and Happy Birthday with delay @robb, I hope you enjoyed it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Caramba! I have a memory of dry ice… out of the refrigerator, of course
Congratulations brother @robb :cake:

2 Likes

I must deeply apologize for not being there yesterday evening. about 2 hours before the start I remembered myself not to forget, but when the time was there, I was fully preoccupied with configuring my birthday toys: 2 Ubiquiti AP-AC access points that will be handling the wifi around my house from now on.
I do hope to see some short recap of what has been talked about, since the education part is absolutely something that has my highest attention.
special apologies to @apradoc and @syntaxerrormmm, since they were waiting for me. :cry:

1 Like

Do not worry too much, it was your birthday anyways and you must enjoy it :slight_smile:

We will try to be more strict on the objectives of the meeting next time, for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @robb

No problem, brother. With a gift like that I would forget even the basic needs! :upside_down:

I invited the brother pino to this conversation, and I propose, in addition to the Education Team Nethserver.

… in this community that is viable: make dreams come true

Emiliano has already provided the first help to release doubts

A great example that installation of Nethserver. I will follow those steps and I will make a reference to my peer-tutors.

We must continue doing this exercise technology a fun and interesting educational experience

Regards

1 Like

For me is mostly the language issues. Read and write sure not problem. Listen one movie without subtitles anytime.

Talk anything :anguished: :anguished: :anguished:

I was answering about this.

That is not a problem broth.

The English language spoken by Tarzan is much better than mine. Also, remember that Nethesis is an Italian company, so the brothers that work there understand the Spanish a “pochito”. Is that true @alefattorini? The rest of the tribe, we make the effort to understand each other between russians, filipinos, colombians, French, germans, venezuelans, chinese and even oompa loompas.

Sometimes a good tactic, recommended by my dear father :heart:, is to write what one wants to say or expose, and then at the time of participating in the conversation read as if it were a script :scroll: .

It is sooo gratifying to see us, listen to us if we can not see, exchange gestures. If it still intimidates you to talk in English, or spanglish as I, video-conferencing, have a chat application that you can accompany with videos, photos and, why not, something of mimo! :point_left::open_mouth::point_down:

I am sure that you will communicate.

This is not “chalequeo” (bullying) brother. It is a suggestion for the esteem and the respect you deserve. Do not limit yourself, I am quite sure that you can exchange a lot of knowledge here.

In this tribe, as in Caciquitxs, you can learn so different and fun. In this case, regardless of our mastery of the English language. I certify!

Greetings

Guess I am the oompa loompa here then… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Awesome meeting, I took a look just for a few minutes! Which are the next steps? @robb @apradoc
What about collecting some notes on how to install those tools on NethServer?

1 Like

It’s been a long time since the last meeting, would you like to make one?
Which meetings do think helpful? These are some proposals:

Yes, this would be nice.
I have to apologise not be active the last time. I am busy with my business to get the money in. But I have the feeling the activities are slowing down in the community. Maybe there is more done behind and I don’t see it. It would be good to get first-hand information at the meeting.

Good luck for your job :wink:
I feel the same, I guess everybody are waiting for the new 7 release :slight_smile:
I think we should organize a meeting next week. What do you think for Wednesday at 15 GMT? @davidep @filippo_carletti would you like to join us? @giacomo should be already on vacation.

Thank you. I hope I get the order.

Wednesday at 15 GMT would be 1 am AEST. It’s ok with me. I don’t have an appointment on the morning and I can sleep in :grin: