Error after change of domain name

I really canā€™t figure out where is the problem.
Make sure the green interface is correctly configured.
Then try to enable/disable the DHCP configuration and check if the error persists.

I totally agree.
Do NOT update a system from testing repository unless you fully understand what youā€™re goiing to change.
And @nas, please do not suggest his bad behavior :smiley:

to know his package version we donā€™t need to update anything

so, instead of asking people to yum update from testing repo, just ask them to do

rpm -qi packagename

thank you

one of my nethserver in production
[root@gw dnsmasq.conf]# rpm -qi nethserver-base
Name : nethserver-base Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version : 2.7.1 Vendor: NethServer
Release : 1.3.gb8fa61e.ns6 Build Date: Wed 10 Jun 2015 06:10:50 PM EEST

other testing KVM
[root@nethserver templates]# rpm -qi nethserver-base
Version : 2.7.2 Vendor: NethServer
Release : 1.ns6 Build Date: Mon 22 Jun 2015 06:12:07 PM EEST

interestingā€¦ but we need info from OP :wink:

@zamboni
I did google for SSh and found a instruction. I will set it up.

From my point of view I got the impression that the NethServer should be for smal bussines where someone handle the server. The GUI make it easy to maintinace the server and do the daily work. Everthing is fine until you have a problem. Than you are lost with the manual becaus you need Linux and hands on IT knowledge to solve the problem.
Why you donā€™t add this information in the manual or the HowTo section?
For me who didnā€™t get this experience during his work and other newbies have first no idee what you are mean with this kind of comment.

Could you be so kind and explane to me what the shortcut IMVHO is. I will add it to the shortcut list in the FAQ.

I moved a post to an existing topic: Is NethServer hard to handle when you have a problem?

@WillZen @zamboni @Nas just opened a new discussion about this, please follow it:

Keep this thread clean and on topic :wink:

there is no such file in release

Version : 2.7.1 Vendor: NethServer
Release : 1.3.gb8fa61e.ns6 Build Date: Wed 10 Jun 2015 06:10:50 PM EEST

First.Thank you for your time and for your help. I am realy happy that you try to help me.

Second. I am realy sorry that I have problem to understand your IT language.

It would help if you add ā€œfrom the command lineā€ to clarify it.

And here is the sofware version

@Nas

rpm -qi nethserver-base
Name: nethserver-base Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version: 2.7.2 Vendor: NethServer
Release: 1.nsb6 Build Date: Tue 23 Jun 2015

So Error exists because of template hostname , template require only green interface while editing /etc/hosts , could it be a bug and how about standalone Nethserver only with 1 Red interface?

In a machine with only one interface, the interface must be green.
Otherwise many services will not work.

how about secure, and how about if i need nethserver acts only like MX server or MX and OwnCloud , i should have firewall protection!

Nas: please take some time to read the documentation and/or study the code
even with a single NIC (in green mode) firewall is up and many services listen on loopback interface only

thereā€™s (for sure) an issue about it (an old one, closed now) in redmine about such things (I opened it a long time ago)

NS is aimed to security, even if in VPS mode, i.e. a single nic with a public IP

mine personal server is installed on a vps and gives me email/webā€¦

how about those service that i wouldnot want to access throuhgt inet like xmpp and http ? or i should make changers in db config and remove - private ?

@nas, please, take some time to read the documentation and to watch options available in web GUI

go to ā€œSecurityā€ section -> ā€œNetwork servicesā€

you can choose if/which service is available

Thank you

1 Like

Iā€™d say weā€™re going OT too, please keep the discussion in topic, thank you

@alefattorini pls close topic coz i have Helped yet @WillZen

Where is the solution? Please keep the discussion in topic and keep solutions publicly

As fare as I understand was the proble that I had only one green LAN connection at the time I changed the domain name.
The situation was:
Host Name: server1
Domain Name: swan
only green LAN connection

I noticed the mistake with the domain name and changed it -> swan.lan

This caused the ERROR.

With the help of @Nas we checked different settings and finally I connected the second LAN as red with a different IP address.
He also changed something in some files but I donā€™t know exatly what it was and was it importand.

After that we changed the domain name again and back and the script were running thru without any problem. :blush:

1 Like