Does the email is stored in the samba4 Ldap

In fact I can authenticate in dokuwiki using samba4, but I cannot see the email address of my users displayed in the settings of dokuwiki. I guess that the email address is not stored in the samba4 ldap, do I’m wrong ?

You’re right. Mail addresses are stored only inside the esmith db.

my bad, I need it in dokuwiki to follow the modification of page by email…with openldap the email is stored inside the ldap…is it possible to store it with the action /etc/e-smith/events/actions/nethserver-dc-user-create ?

you can assume the userPrincipalName attribute is the email address

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms680857(v=vs.85).aspx

1 Like

Not sure I can use it, dokuwiki assumes to find it in ldap with a specific name.

That it is: an LDAP attribute of AD… It could be an invalid address though, surely it’s an email address!

Does dokuwiki allow the user to set his email address? That would be the best way…

In fact I cannot display the userinfo, strange :slight_smile:

the conf of authad

$conf['authtype'] = 'authad';
$conf['plugin']['authad']['account_suffix']     = '@stephdl.dyndns.org';
$conf['plugin']['authad']['base_dn']            = 'dc=stephdl,dc=dyndns,dc=org';
$conf['plugin']['authad']['domain_controllers'] = 'ldap://nsdc-ns7dev5.stephdl.dyndns.org:389'; //multiple can be given
$conf['plugin']['authad']['admin_username']        = 'NS7DEV5$';
$conf['plugin']['authad']['admin_password']        = '?Y76cHM$JU,f@9';
$conf['plugin']['authad']['additional'] = 'userPrincipalName';
$conf['plugin']['authad']['debug']              = 1;

what is the database used, I didn’t find it ?

:-?

In theory yes, with a local Samba AD

But what if the users comes from a remote MS AD? You have no control over it.
This is why we can’t do assumption on how the user base is compiled :frowning:

It’s the account db, records are of type pseudonym.

But I agree with Davide, the best match is username@domain.

And we don’t even know if we can trust its “mail” attribute… The same problem is with LDAP. We can’t assume mail-server is installed, too!

We have a similar problem with password expiration notifications: what is the user’s mail address? Only the user knows!

In other words, as said, if dokuwiki has an “email” field in its user profile form, I’d expect the user sets it to his preferred email address by hand.

1 Like

yep except that dokuwiki cannot write to the samba4 ldap, so all forms are not editable, I don’t know if it is a bug or a feature :slight_smile:

I can see a new user in samba4 ldap, even if it never uses dokuwiki, so dokuwiki can read the ldap, but it assumes that it doesn’t have to manage the user if an external authentication is set.