Default ISO passwords don't work

My language is ALWAYS in United States International (with dead keys). On Windows and on VM’s.

Which I don’t want to do. I want a ready to use package…

A corrupt iso download?
Have you checked the sha1sum?

$ sha1sum -c nethserver-6.7-x86_64.iso.sha1
nethserver-6.7-x86_64.iso: OK

I’m sorry if I can’t help you with this strange issue but may I suggest you a different attitude? :smile:

TIA

2 Likes

Sorry what do you mean with a different attitude? Could you explain?

Re-read all Tom’s posts, here and in Dutch team, please raise your hand topic, and you’ll understand me :wink:

BTW, see U tomorrow :smiley:

yes be ready please

SHA1 value is exactly the same as the ISO I’ve downloaded.

I’m on Windows, so I had to download something :stuck_out_tongue:

If you don’t want me to sound so harsh, then you can’t face the truth about my common sense and stuff… Stop reading my posts if you can’t bear it…

@SilentDecode let us have a look on your issue , please provide us with the vmware cred to manage vm

So from the very beginning :

1. Mount downloaded ISO from the site below:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/nethserver/files/nethserver-6.7-x86_64.iso/download

1. Please see the login credentials.

User name: root
    Default password: Nethesis,1234

1. Use default credentials to log in.

RESET ROOT PASSWORD PROCEDURE

1. Reset VM or Server and press any key.Than Press “e” to edit.

2. Press “e” to edit KERNEL parametr.

3. Add init=/bin/bash at the end of the line and press ENTER. Finnaly press “b” to boot

4. Next run mount to make sure that / file system is rw , if not run mount -n -o remount,rw /

5. Run passwd to change root password.

6. Reboot VM or Server.

2 Likes

please provide us with the vmware cred to manage vm

How do you mean? Do I need to provide credentials of my VM??? If that’s what you mean, then no.

I’ve installed Nethserver maybe 30 times over the past year… Every time I install from the ISO, I cannot log in with the default credentials.

Great fun, that ‘bootloader editing’, but it would be nice if the ISO worked great from the beginning…

Just redownload iso from the site.

Then what? I’ve downloaded it over 10 times… It’s not going to change anything…

Than don’t expect help!

Ehi Tom we’re all here to help you, please help us to help you and be nice.
Do you have a physical hardware to use? So we can try also something different from your vmware installation. What do you think?

@SilentDecode assuming you’re not trolling, you have a problem no one else here has, you seem to believe it’s the iso, but no one else here has this issue, regardless, there are a lot of people here trying to help you, just consider the time @Nas put in for you already, so unless you ‘help us help you’ this isn’t going anywhere.

If I were you, and you really want to use NS, I’d lay out the entire method and hardware / software you’re using so one or all of us can help you figure this out.

man, “ready” is my second name…
BTW, ready for what? do you want to challenge me in beer drinking? :slight_smile:

oh, dear, another “avenger” here…

man, this is a community and this community has some rules… one of them is “be polite” so, please, respect it (and everybody here)

that said, you are in need for help… you are the only one that is suffering a very strange issue (and I’m quite sure the issue is not with NS itself)… so, since you need us, please apologize, be polite and start collaborating… ATM the only thing you said is “it doesn’t work”, that, simply doesn’t help us to help you

1 Like

That’s a great doc man, please could you create a new howto for that? :slight_smile: