Conflict among hosts in Gateway>Host Groups

I am experiencing a conflict with the Host Groups creation program that is part of the Gateway package. When I create a new host group, the program conveniently offers a search members function, which displays a list of member that it must have discovered with DHCP (assumption). The problem is, what if the host name does not conform to the syntax requirements? In this case, NethServer complains about the syntax, with the following message:

First, this message needs to be improved. It contains minor grammatical errors. The proper context for the word “than” is “more than” or “less than”. The correct word to use here is “then” which means “to follow” like “what happens then?”. Forgive me, I only know English, and I’m not even very good at that! :smile: But the real problem here is if the host that is offered by the search function does not meet syntax requirements, how do you add it? I created a new host under the hosts tab, but that produces duplicate entries (same IP) address. I don’t know if that causes problems in the system or not. I have observed a problem where the host list does not show all the hosts that have been created, but the individual host groups do.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information, and excuse and grammatical error you may find in my emails!

I think you’re right @todd_firkins: “than” is probably a typo.

About the duplicate entries: I think they should be allowed, because an IP address can have multiple host names associated with it.

The point here is: the validator is wrong as it does not allow picking up an existing entry, which was considered valid by another page. There is an evident inconsistency in the interface.

Thanks David. Nice to know that entries with identical IP addresses won’t be a problem. Upward and onward!

I moved a post to a new topic: What does the tiny little double arrow mean in the DHCP page?