Assign different sites based on DNS path?

First I want to apologize for the vague title. I will be the first to admit that I am not even sure if what I am asking for is possible. I have a barely passable knowledge of setting up simple networks and I have a question on running multiple services on on machine with one IP. I know how to bind different services to different IPs but I am limited to the one at the moment. I have nethserver running both webmail and owncloud on a static IP with DNS service to that IP.

Currently if you go to mail or cloud.mydomain.com it goes to the root http folder of my server.

mail or cloud.mydomain.com/webmail for webmail.

mail or cloud.mydomain.com/owncloud for owncloud

All default stuff.

SOoOO, my questions are.

Is it possible for my server to know if it was being accessed from Mail.mydomain.com of cloud.mydomain.com??

Or is there a specific type of DNS entry I can request from my registrar that will pass on to a specific directory on my server?

Thanks in advance for any help, and if I am posting this in the wrong area please let me know and I will remove.

Hello Paul,
I think you better move your question to the support cattegorie.

But now the problem:
Can you explain me some things? You have installed nethserver with owncloud and sogo or webtop is it right?
You wrote [quote=“pguerra, post:1, topic:4357”]
Is it possible for my server to know if it was being accessed from Mail.mydomain.com of cloud.mydomain.com??
[/quote]

Do you mean if it is possible to access webmail.mydomain.com for sogo/webtop and cloud.mydomain.com for mycloud on your server from a client?
So I think you have work with vhosts. Look at Scared to try to use NS and vhosts at posts 10 to 14.

1 Like